Development and functional safety engineer
With a growing fleet and increased demand from our customers, we are now seeking a Functional safety engineer to our development department for modernization and upgrades (M&U) for Medium Sized Gas Turbines (MGT) 15-60 MW.
We are a group 14 members with background in various engineering fields,
we are located in Finspång, Sweden.
The goal of the M&U department is to help our customer to be better and reach new targets. This includes fuel flexibility enabling green fuels, lowering emissions to comply with the everchanging legislation and society demands, increase the overall efficiency and improve the power output. R&D within M&U develops the solutions to achieve this, and package them into sales products for the global gas turbine fleet.
We support the delivery engineering organization with functional safety analysis and functional safety competence for upgrades of turbine, auxiliaries, and turbine control system.LET'S TALK ABOUT YOUYour profile
- Bachelor or Master Degree in related engineering area or equivalent experience.
- You work with Functional safety today, maybe also certified Functional safety manager/professional or have a big interest in Functional safety questions and strive to learn more.
- It is beneficial if you have knowledge of Gas or Steam turbines.
- You are a good communicator and you are comfortable using English, the role requires that you have good skills in both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to structure your work and good planning skills.
LET'S TALK ABOUT US
- Perform function and safety analysis for development and delivery projects for modification and upgrades
- Support R&D and engineering organization with deep knowledge about Functional safety and relevant Directives and Standards
- Risk analysis, FMEA, Safety Integrity Level assessment etc.
- Take part in development projects and run pre-studies.
- Develop upgrade products for the service market based on pre-studies or improvements on new turbines and prepare a technical scope, in collaboration with other departments.
- Develop modification products based on improvements by compiling existing data and present it in a sellable package.
- Follow up and evaluate first delivery (validation phase).
- Support Application Engineers with technical clarifications during delivery projects.
"Let's make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
Siemens Energy is one of the world's leading energy technology companies. The company works with its customers and partners on energy systems for the future, thus supporting the transition to a more sustainable world. With its portfolio of products, solutions and services, Siemens Energy covers almost the entire energy value chain - from power generation and transmission to storage. The portfolio includes conventional and renewable energy technology, such as gas and steam turbines, hybrid power plants operated with hydrogen, and power generators and transformers. More than 50 percent of the portfolio has already been decarbonized.
A majority stake in the listed company Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) makes Siemens Energy a global market leader for renewable energies. An estimated one-sixth of the electricity generated worldwide is based on technologies from Siemens Energy. Siemens Energy employs 91,000 people worldwide in more than 90 countries and generated revenue of around €29 billion in fiscal year 2019. In Sweden Siemens Energy has 2600 employees in 10 locations.
Read more about Siemens Energy here:
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Job & Career: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.htmlApplication
Don't hesitate - apply via https://jobs.siemens-energy.com/jobs, id nr 224403 not later than 2021-05-22.
For questions about the role, please contact the recruiting manager Daniel Nilsson on tel. +46 (0)122 821 94.
For questions about the recruitment process please contact the responsible recruiter Ida Gruväng Lundborg on tel. +46 (0)122 843 58.
Location: FinspångTrade Union Representatives:
Veronica Andersson, Unionen, 0122-840 21
Simon Von Eckardstein, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 0122-842 24
Jan Lundgren, Ledarna, 0122-812 33
Jonny Persson, IF Metall, 0122-817 69#LI-IG1