SEB is a leading northern European financial services group with customer bases among both private individuals and organizations. We are consistently recognized for our expertise and customer-centric approach, which we achieve by listening to our customers, committing to quality and trust, and encouraging an entrepreneurial mindset in everything we do. Does that sound like a fit for you?What you will be doing
We are seeking an energetic Senior Accountant for our Core Accounting team. Our team is responsible for the global processes of accounting like Accounts Receivable, Fixed assets and Leased assets under IFRS16 also Bonus and incentives accounting across various international locations. You will play a key role in ensuring daily/monthly/yearly tasks of Accounts Receivable processes with a heavy focus on the effectiveness and development of digital transformation.
You will work closely with multiple levels within Global Finance, which represents a great opportunity to gain experience in many aspects of a finance department in a rapidly growing digital organisation.As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for:
Who we are looking for
- Ensuring that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved
- Securing compliance according to internal procedures and legislation
- Tracking and leading adherence to month end reporting calendar
- Approving analysis and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period
- Escalating issues and concerns to Unit manager and proposing remediating actions
- Assisting and training all employees in team in completing their work, stepping in a as back up person when necessary. Act as mentor for junior team members and assist in onboarding process.
- Acting as subject matter expert for defined processes
- Leading KPI/KRI meetings with stakeholders for defined processes
- Driving the resolution of more complex queries raised by employees, managers, finance partners & other internal and external stakeholders, building good relationship with stakeholders;
- Assisting with and act as the primary point-of-contact for auditor requests
- Maintaining the quality of standard operating procedures and work instructions, updating process documentations as required
- Supporting migration projects (work shadowing, work instructions creation)
- Proactively assisting Unit manager to identify any areas of improvement to help maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes, participating in the implementation of improvement initiatives;
- Supporting cross process and cross function cooperation required to achieve overall goals
- Ad hoc duties and assignments
What we offer:
- Plus 3 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience;
- Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Experience in working with IFRS and local standards
- Additional accounting certification is a plus
- Experience in taking part in knowledge transfer/ transition will be an asset
- Knowledge of Oracle system will be an asset
- Proficiency in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and be friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity
- Mature attitude towards challenges, problem solving and creative in terms of improving ways of working
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under the time pressure/ KPI and SLA
- Proactive and "can do" mindset
Learn more about working at SEB here.
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Extensive training
- Learning opportunities
- Flexible work-life
- Wellness benefits
- Comprehensive health insurance and more.
It is our fundamental belief that inclusion and diversity is crucial for our future success. We strive to have an inclusive, value-driven culture where employees feel valued, respected and involved irrespective of who they are, what they believe or where they come from. We are looking forward to your application by May 15, 2021.
Monthly salary range for this position: 1950 - 2900 EUR (before tax deduction). The final offer will depend on the experience and competencies of the selected candidate.
Overall remuneration package consists of the salary together with other benefits.Important information for internal candidates
By applying to this position, you agree that your application will be visible for: * The hiring manager and the recruiting team working with this recruitment* The hiring manager of other internal open positions you have applied for in parallel If you do not accept the transparency of this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.Since our start 160 years ago, SEB has been guided by a strong belief that entrepreneurial thinkers combined with innovative companies are needed to create a better world. We are here to enable them to achieve their ambitions and succeed in both good and difficult times. We are the business engine of the bank, providing the financial expertise our organizational and private customers rely on. We do so with focus on our customers' needs, commitment to quality and trust, and an entrepreneurial mindset to continually improve our services. Read more: https://sebgroup.com/