SEB's division Large Corporates and Financial Institutions (LC&FI) offers talented students an exciting opportunity to work with banking and finance for a few intense summer months. If you have the ambition, we will support you in growing your potential at SEB this summer!The internship in short
Your internship starts off with an introduction to SEB and ends with a presentation of your experience to managers, colleagues and other summer interns. As an intern, you will be involved in our daily business activities and have a great opportunity to explore the environment of global trading and commercial banking. You will be guided by at least one tutor during your internship. For more details www.sebgroup.com/career/graduates-and-students/summer-internshipWhat you will do
The Corporate Coverage unit in London is approaching a number of selected, large British corporates in the same way that SEB does in the Nordics and in Germany. Dealing with large companies with complex needs means that the Corporate Coverage unit's role is heavily weighted towards advisory and co-ordination of SEB's full banking offer, enabling our clients to work closely with our product specialists on specific challenges such as bonds, FX, trade finance or cash management.
As a summer intern you will be working in an exciting and challenging environment. The work pace is high and you should be able to adapt to changes and quick decisions. You will work closely with the Corporate Coverage team and your daily tasks will vary a lot between tasks such as:
Who are you?
- Tasks connected to prospecting on new clients in terms of preparation prior to client meetings and the follow-up process.
- Tasks relating to the governance, coordination and business reporting for the UK LC&FI including areas of business performance, forecasting and analyzing.
- Market, industry and client analysis.
- Participate in business related projects as these may occur.
- Various administrative tasks.
You have an ambition to be successful, an eagerness to develop professionally and a willingness to work hard, with a keen interest for business in general and the financial markets. You are interested in providing a high level of service, with a "can do" attitude and you naturally take ownership of tasks. You are also empathetic and good at working together with other people.Specific requirements include:
Learn more about working at SEB www.sebgroup.com/career
- Currently studying for a higher academic degree (MBA/MSc) in a relevant subject field with evidence of strong academic performance, exceptional analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and deadlines, in combination with a structured way of working.
- The ability to deliver top quality input with tough deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent Excel & PowerPoint skills.
- Fluent in English.
It is our fundamental belief that inclusion and diversity is crucial for our future success. We strive to have an inclusive, value-driven culture where employees feel valued, respected and involved irrespective of who they are, what they believe or where they come from.Great people often know great people - please share if you have a friend who would love this job.Welcome with your application
Attach your CV and a personal letter describing yourself and how you can contribute to SEB. Since we select candidates on running bases, feel free to send in your application today, but no later than 2nd December 2018.