The term of this contract will be 2 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid/end September 2020
(*) internal benchmark: (Senior) Credit Risk Management OfficerPurpose
As (Senior) Risk Management Officer, you will provide policy, strategic and operational advice to the Head of REG Department. You will support him in running the Department's day to day operations, following up on its objectives, work plans and key operational processes as well as in the strategic decision-making process in order to enable the implementation and execution of RM's regulatory and Group risk overall strategy.
This includes supporting the REG Director with coordinating the activities of the Regulation and Group Risk Advisory Unit, until Spring 2021 on an ad interim basisOperating Network
Reporting to the Head of Regulation and Group Risk Department (REG), you will be required to develop a strong, positive working relationship with colleagues across the Department and RM, and with other transversal teams including notably the front office, portfolio monitoring, financial control, IT, Secretariat General (in particular the Economic Department), and at the EIFAccountabilities
- Provide input and strategic support to the Head of REG Department in defining goals and priorities in order to ensure that the overall strategy of the Risk Management Directorate reflects practical operational needs
- Support the Head of Department in managerial decision taking and execution of key area processes such as:
- Development and maintenance of an overall risk strategy for the Department
- Development and implementation of policies in the area of Regulation and Group Risk
- Addressing emerging/new risk issues and the elaboration of related policies for effective risk management, aligning the EIB with BBP.
- Participate in projects and/or working groups of horizontal nature, establish and maintain relationships with internal clients, of all levels, in the Bank in order to ensure that appropriate internal co-operation and communication is preserved
- Partner with the various teams in the RM and other Directorates to contribute to the Bank's efforts to achieve full compliance with prudential BBP. Lead key projects in support of Subject Matter Experts to ensure execution in line with commitments to Governing Bodies
- Coordinate and ensure timely communication and follow up with the President's Office and Governing Bodies (Board of Directors and relevant Board Committees on Risk Policy or Equity Participation Policy, and the Audit Committee) for RM-led items and action points. Review proposals to the Governing Bodies
- Coordinate document gathering, information-sharing and follow-up with the central team tasked with establishing the EIB-Review and Evaluation Process (EIB-REP) and serve as a central point of contact for the Risk Management Directorate
- Contribute to the planning and organisation of on-site EIB REP missions and oversee consistent and timely communication across the Directorate while also coordinating with other Services. Support implementation of related procedures and processes part of the EIB REP rollout at the level of the Bank
- Propose streamlining of Department's procedures
- Prepare status updates and other relevant reports/presentations regarding topics under Head of Department's responsibility.
- University degree, preferably to Masters level and in Finance / Economics or another relevant subject
- Significant relevant professional experience, of which at least 5 years' in a comparable role with exposure to (regulatory) risk assessment and/or policy implementation
- Proven project management skills with ability to coordinate multiple tasks across various stakeholders
- Solid understanding of aspects of EIB's risk management framework, policies and procedures
- Good understanding of the EIB's mission, policies, procedures, organisation and activities
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good knowledge of the other. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.