Want to be a part of a young start-up helping the Ocean to thrive, while working within your field of expertise? Paralenz is looking for a passionate Developer to join their mobile team in their journey to make Paralenz' camera and platform every divers first choice. Submit your CV and proof of development skills today!Information om uppdraget
The Danish start-up Paralenz developed and successfully launched the Paralenz Dive Camera in November 2017. Today, they are constantly working on launching new products and services that will enable divers to act as citizen scientists for Ocean conservation causes. Their vision is to empower divers across the globe to help reverse the steep decline of life beneath the surface. Dive by dive. Paralenz is growing rapidly and they are looking for a new talented team member to join them on their mission.
As a React Native developer at Paralenz, you will work with minimal overhead and bureaucracy as they want to ensure independence and that decision power stays within the teams. Developers have a lot of influence on how they work, what they focus on, and how they deliver new features and functionality. You do not have to be a diver, but it is not a disadvantage if you are passionate about the Ocean.
Do you see yourself in this team? Keep reading!
What can Paralenz offer you?
- Free diving certificate
- Flexible working hours and location
- Competitive salary
- Laptop of your choice
- All the snacks and sodas you can consume
- Beers on Fridays
This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. The request from Paralenz, is that all questions regarding the position is handled by
As a Developer at Paralenz, you will be responsible for working on their iOS and Android apps, used by divers all around the world.
The Paralenz app is split between a utility part allowing divers to configure and manage their camera and a social part where divers are exploring and sharing stories and dive logs. Both iOS and Android are primarily built using React Native but have some native code for camera connection and image processing. They are strong believers in tracer bullet development and believe in release early, release often, which is why they run daily releases using our continuous integration and deployment setup.Vi söker dig som
Paralenz is not expecting you to know all the technologies in their current stack. It is important that you have some experience as a developer, and a strong passion to learn even more - and dive into other areas within the field.
What they do expect is that you read their company values thoroughly (see under Client Information), and ask yourself if you still can see yourself as a good fit for the team?
This is a good fit, but is not set in stone
- Experience in more than one technology stack
- Substantial experience in React Native, or React Web - the ability to develop Mobile solutions is necessary
- Knowledge about iOS development in Objective-C or Swift
- Knowledge about Android development in Java or maybe Kotlin
- Consuming GraphQL or REST APIs
- Build tools like Fastlane or similar
- Dependency management tools like Yarn, NPM and similar
- Has the ability to be present at the office everyday
- Strong verbal skills within English
It would be considered as an advantage if you:
- Have experience with Relay
- Launching a mobile app
- Code in your spare time
- Have a passion for the Ocean, and everything in it
- Have a GitHub, Bitbucket or similar account with cool projects
- Have Open Source development experience
- Strong verbal skills within Danish
As a person
- Integrity matters to you, and you can relate to their company values
- You have a strong focus on quality on doing this right
- You do not hesitate to dive into dialogue when you face challenges, and you admit if you make mistakes
- You are eager to contribute to making the platform as good as possible
- You are always researching new areas within your field, developing your profile, brainstorming with your coworkers about possible solutions, and not afraid of sharing your ideas and thoughts
- You are proactive and you thrive in a position, where you are excepted to work independently after a short on-boarding period
- You get energy when working with people sharing the same interest and passion but also the desire to help making Paralenz' camera and platform every divers first choice!
We only move forward with relevant applicants
- who can submit a link to Github or similar examples of your work
- who can submit a updated CV
- Start: As soon as possible
- Work extent: Full time
- Location: Rødovre, Copenhagen area
This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. The request from Paralenz is that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Apply by pressing the Apply here button below. Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
We do not handle applications through e-mail, but if you have questions about the position you are welcome to email us at (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) we will answer during office hours. Please write the advert title in the subject and paste the advert link in the mail.