Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let's talk today.Job description:What you will do
Tyco Fire Protection Products (a part of Johnson Controls) is currently searching for a new Production Supervisor to our factory in Lammhult, Sweden. You will be responsible for managing the evening and night shifts, which includes managing employees as well as securing quality and safety in the production.
The production is a prefabricated pipe setup with 100% customized direct orders. The pipes are cut in length, welded, leak tested, painted, assembled and packed in a customized way based on a blueprint. The work is both manual and automation.
You will be responsible for the evening and night shifts, and you will work during the same hours as your team. We expect that you are flexible and able to balance your support and availability towards your team. You will report to the Production Manager at the factory.
How you will do it
In the role as Production Supervisor, you will partake in a number of exciting responsibilities, as you will:
Required profile:What we look for
- Develop, implement and continue a total quality concept in alignment with the company targets.
- Determine quality regulations for production procedures and finished products according to internal and external demands.
- Work with Continuous Improvement, Kaizen, Kanban, etc.
- Recruit, hire, and retain operational staff. You will prepare and deliver clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports teaming with the appropriate matrix functional manager. You will also ensure a consistent level of coaching.
- Ascertain that safety and accident prevention regulations are observed + HR related issues tackled.
- Follow all Health & Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training.
- Management and manufacturing experience, demonstrating job requirements listed above.
- Supervisory experience - preferably with welding, painting and fabrication portions of manufacturing.
- Experience with managing salaried employees including leading a multi shift operation with supervision, quality and planning direct reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Fluency in Swedish and English.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Engineering, Engineering Management or similar.
- A track record of the ability to mentor and develop direct reports.
- Knowledge of LEAN and/or Six Sigma, as well of Quality Assurance.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application at our website as soon as possible, as we screen on a continuous basis. For more information, contact Production Manager Morgan Ihreborn firstname.lastname@example.org or Plant Manager Mikael Christensen at email@example.com.What we offer:
See Job Description