About the role
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious co-founder and Technical COO to join our team at Roboten. You will play a key role in shaping the direction and strategy of the company, working closely with our CEO to implement plans and drive growth.
As a co-founder and Technical COO at Roboten, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of building and shaping the company from the ground up. You should have a strong foundation in organizational development, operations management, and business development, and be skilled in identifying and implementing processes and systems to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness. You should also be able to lead and manage change within the organization, develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, build and lead high-performing teams, and manage budgets and financial resources.
Your mission as COO at Roboten is to help us achieve our goal of changing the software industry from the ground up. You will work closely with our CEO to implement our strategic plans and drive the company forward, and be responsible for overseeing and managing day-to-day operations, optimizing resources, and ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, and standards. You will also be tasked with identifying and pursuing new business opportunities and partnerships, negotiating and executing business deals and agreements, and analyzing and reporting on business performance and metrics.Some of the key responsibilities and qualifications of this role include
We believe that this describes you and how you are also thinking
- Strong technical background in software development, with a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities involved in building and scaling software products
- Demonstrated experience in building and leading high-performing teams, with a focus on attracting, retaining, and developing top talent
- Strong leadership and management skills, including the ability to effectively manage and motivate teams, as well as oversee day-to-day operations and optimize resources
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, negotiate and execute business deals, and analyze and report on business performance and metrics
- Strategic thinker and problem-solver with a strong ability to identify and implement solutions to complex challenges
- Passion for driving the success and growth of the company, and a commitment to building a positive and supportive company culture
Now, come join us at Roboten
- Hardworking doer who takes on important tasks early on
- Can delegate and let go, but only do so when a product of yours has matured to a state where it can be effectively used and maintained by teams, e.g. become operational
- Recognizes the importance of not delegating important tasks early on in a company's development due to rapid changes and the complexity of transferring knowledge and understanding
- Prioritizes the optimization of personal time by focusing on completing one task at a time in order to build a solid foundation for a rapidly-moving company
- Believes in conducting research, iterating, and collecting all necessary information before making decisions
- Constantly learning, with a curious and innovative mindset and high level of energy
- Makes quick, well-informed decisions based on available information
- Strong believer in the Single Source of Truth (SSOT) and document-as-code principles
- Believes in having short meetings, with work happening outside of meetings and information transfer happening asynchronously through tools designed for async communication and SSOT
- Highly intelligent, humble, and possesses strong strategic thinking skills
- Enjoys creating simple, effective processes
Do you want to make a mark in history and be a part of changing the way we build software from the ground up. Are you passionate about everything that goes into creating and scaling a lean organization that builds tools used by millions of people. Do you enjoy the idea of making all of your creations open source, sharing company playbooks, guides, and how-tos with the community, and attracting talented colleagues with similar mindsets. Are you a hardworking, intelligent, humble, and decisive executive who is also capable of building some of the most lean and best product teams.
If you are excited about these opportunities and feel that the job posting describes you well, we encourage you to apply. As this role is particularly special, our CEO Sam Nurmi will personally review all applicants. If possible, please take a few minutes to respond to this application with a personal note.
Thank you for taking the time to read the full post and we look forward to meeting you.Some key bullets that can be good to know
- We are a remote first company: Our team is based in Europe.
- We are self-bootstrapped but are in the process of taking on VC (so you should be interested in working for a company that is VC backed).
- Our main time-zone is Europe.
- We are data-driven when it comes to recruitment, meaning we do two tests: one for behavior and one for cognitive potential. They take approximately 20-30 minutes each.