Nordic Sales Manager, HEW KABELLOCATION:
HEW-KABEL develops, produces and markets cables, wires and systems solutions. The company is specialised in solutions for the high and low temperature sector, in accordance with customer specifications, as well as in accordance with national and international standards, and thus in applications where miniaturisation, flexibility or special durability are required. Fields of application include the automotive industry, the aerospace industry, medical equipment, robotronics, instrumentation and control technology, sensor technology, traffic technology, ignition systems, power generation and communications technology, high frequency technology as well as the lighting and chemical industry.Company Description
HEW-KABEL is a medium-sized company in Wipperfürth, near Cologne and employs almost 450 people in R&D, production and sales.
Research and development has played a significant role in the success of the company and continues to enjoy a high priority. In order to meet the growing needs of the market for special cables and wires in the future the company joined the CDT-Group (Cable Design Technologies) in 1998 under whose umbrella 23 cable companies are active worldwide. In June 2004 this group merged with Belden Inc. to form the Belden-Gruppe. Since June 1st, 2009 Dr. Rainer Flohr is the new shareholder and HEW-KABEL is owner-runned again.
The company offers everything under one roof, from technical design, through production, to sales. HEW-KABEL designs, develops and manufactures customer specific wire and cable solutions for various vertical industrial market segments using its know how and experience gained over years.
HEW-KABEL is an independent company with all relevant departments in Wipperfürth.Core competences:
- Core material competence in PTFE, Silicone, Fluorthermoplasts and TPE
- Common approach towards the customer in engineering, operations and sales
- Leader in technology. R&D and Operations with highest quality.
Working at HEW-KABEL
Working at HEW-KABEL means working in a medium-sized company with an international outlook with a flat hierarchy and a great deal of individual initiative.The role as Nordic Sales Manager
The Nordic Sales Manager reports to the HEW-KABEL Marketing & Sales Manger in Germany. Supervision of daily activities is minimal. In this role you are expected to work in accordance with decisions to overall strategy on sales policies, pricing and route to market to achieve unit's sales targets. Close liaison with internal sales to assist with all aspects of customer service. Interface with Operations, Engineering and Finance departments to ensure business goals are achieved.Duties and Responsibilities
Directly responsible for the development and maintenance of sales volume at major OEM, end user, specify and distributor accounts within the Nordic region. Develops and maintains sales in the assigned geographic area or specific accounts in order to meet short and long term range sales budgets.
Will promote the HEW-KABEL products to achieve the target sales figure for the assigned area. In conjunction with OEM policies will plan for addition of accounts to consistently maintain and increase market share. Will support sales colleagues to increase sales to other accounts throughout Europe, and assist in achieving sales targets through joint sales calls, presentations, and commercial/technical support.
- Manage all sales activities assigned for all HEW-KABEL products sold to OEM's, end users and Distributors throughout the assigned geographic area or specific accounts
- Formulate and execute a strategy to meet/exceed sales budget
- Identify target accounts and promote product and service solutions into the selected accounts
- Maintain a high level of visibility with all existing and potential customers who are of particular strategic value to HEW
- Evaluate, identify and nominate sales opportunities
- Provide full bid strategy to the all major accounts
- Provide sales/order forecasting as and when required
- Identify promotional needs/opportunities
- Remain aware of market trends, technological developments and competition activities so as to maximize the benefits from the use of such information
- Participate in PM&D process in line with requirements set out by HEW-KABEL
Perennial (3 - 5 years) sales know-how (selling into technical industry e.g. cable, automotive, medical, defence, aerospace). Open communicator with a strong sense for teamwork. Strong customer focused relationship skills. Ability to collaborate both internally and externally with other functional groups.
This position requires a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, taking proactive, unsolicited decisions to achieve goals beyond what is required. It is essential that all relationships both internal HEW-KABEL personnel and with customers is conducted with honesty and integrity, with drive to persuade others to overcome obstacles to achieve targets. Persistence and resilience are the qualities that must be demonstrated and encouraged throughout the team with proven communication skills.
- Certified Sales education, College degree in Electro technics, or Business related desirable.
- Experience and background from Cable, Electronics, Chemical or similar industries.
Personal Qualities Sought
Clear in communication as well as open and social. Speaks clearly, well formulated and enthusiastic, both in small and large groups.
Take responsibility for a task, structures approach on one's own and carries the processes further. Is driven by a strong commitment.
Task oriented and ambitious. Sets high goals for achievement and works hard to meet or exceed targets and expectations. Is motivated by and actively seeks challenges.
Thinks strategically and has a broad perspective on the matters at hand. Looks at the long-term importance and wider consequences and adjusts his actions accordingly.
Plans the work out in advance. Organises and prioritises activities in an effective manner. Sets and keeps to deadlines.
Stays motivated and effective in spite of setbacks and disappointments. Works until the project has been completed or the desired results are achieved.Additional Information
The position will require approximately 2-3 travel days per week