At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It's all about progress.
If you're ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Hardware Design Engineer in our location in Västerås, SwedenAbout the role
The HW Design Engineer within Center of Excellence Electronics (CoEE) typically works in projects developing new electronic products. These projects are normally led by a project manager, supported by a HW Lead Engineer from CoEE which leads the hardware related activities. The HW Design Engineer is engaged in activities from the start of the project with requirements management and architecture documentation to the end of the project with verification and testing of the design.
Main technical aspects of the job are analogue and digital electronic design and VHDL programming. Mechanical design work and verification activities such as measurements and simulations are also part of the job.
Requirements on electronics in railway applications are heavily influenced by standards such as EN50155, EN50121 and the 50128/50129 standards for railway safety products. Other factors that influence the design of our products are cost, RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety), manufacturing, test, EMC and customer-specific requirements. Because of this, requirements engineering is central in daily operations. Moreover, as the configuration and change management processes are important for managing releases on product and platform level, it is of importance that all engineers align with the processes and tools that are used. Finally, as all engineers are also responsible for various types of documentation such as preparing plans, descriptions, specifications, instructions, etc., one must be able to balance the technical and administrative aspects of the job.Your Tasks
- Develop new and maintain existing HW/FW implementations
- Develop and work with HW/FW architecture solutions
- Take part in developing and improving on processes (methods and instructions) and tools used within HW development
- Interaction with support functions and stakeholders of CoEE
- Relevant academic background, e.g. Masters Degree in Electronics
- 5 years of experience in electronic and FW design
- Experience of working with industrial electronics and FW
- Knowledge about electronics (PCBA) manufacturing and its processes
- Knowledge about testing, both in production and during development
- Fluent in English and Swedish