Do you want to work with complex and innovative projects and contribute to the goal of being fossil free with one generation? Are you interested in innovative technologies like P2G, P2H, H2, CO2-capture and storage or utilization and heat pumps to reach the goal?
To enable the ongoing energy transition with increased electrification and reduced emissions Vattenfall is making large investments in our heating plants. Now we are looking for you who want to join us on this journey.
Vattenfall Heat Projects develops and implements all of Vattenfall's new-build heating plant projects in conventional and new technologies. The Engineering Department consists of an international team of highly qualified engineers from different disciplines and is responsible for the development and execution of the technical project stream.
A selected project team of engineers manages the development and execution processes and coordinates the installation, commissioning and hand-over of the new plants to the future operator in consultation with the stakeholders.
In addition, the engineering department supports the projects with schedule preparation, investment cost estimation and quality management.
In order to support the development and implementation of our technical activities in an extensive project portfolio, we are looking for the following team member for Vattenfall.
Your task as a Engineering Manager
- Independent set-up and control of an engineering team within a project. You are a sparring partner for the project manager and the rest of the project management team. You use "people skills" to build and motivate your engineering team.
- Planning the activities for the project phases, steering and monitoring the results.
- Aligning the technical Requirements with internal and external stakeholders with special focus on Interface Management and Safety in Design.
- Preparation of main deliverables per project phase together with your team (e.g. Requirement Specification, Feasibility Study, Basis of Design, Basic Design Package, Invitation to Tender, etc.)
- Participation in project meetings, negotiations, evaluation of bids and preparation of award recommendations
- Ensuring quality assurance and quality control during the planning, tendering, construction and commissioning phases
- Participation in inter-project and inter-departmental exchanges of experience and actively knowledge exchange with the team and the organization
In this role, you report to the Project Manager within a project and to the Manager Execution Engineering.We offer
- A challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home. We also have a reduction in working hours (ATF), which means that employees have shorter annual working hours.
- Attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Health care allowance (friskvårdsbidrag), health benefits, good pension agreements and insurances.
Our ideal candidate has a relevant University (MSc) degree in mechanical, utility or process engineering with a focus on advanced heating and cooling design.
Professional experiences in the field of Engineering, Procurement and Construction will facilitate to take over responsibility in projects.
You can speak and write Swedish and English. Working on interdisciplinary topics and interfaces with other departments are your second nature.Your personal characteristics and competences:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in planning and project/engineering management, especially in leading multidisciplinary teams in projects.
- Your professional skills include a sound knowledge of power plant-specific processes in heat generation plants as well as the interfaces of generation plants to district heating networks, experience on CCS and/or CCU is a plus.
- Your personal competencies include leadership qualities and analytical skills. You are able to create a structured way of working for yourself and your team. You are self-propelling. You have a good focus on health and safety and safety in design.
If you have any questions regarding the position please contact hiring manager Edwin van Ruijven, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions to the recruiting process please contact recruiter Johan Macdonald, email@example.com
In Sweden, the union representatives are Stefan Andersson, Akademikerna, Kjell Karlsson, Ledarna, Robert Lönnqvist , SEKO och Patrik Nenzén, Unionen. They may all be reached via Vattenfalls switchboard +46 (0)8-739 50 00.
We look forward to your application, including CV and cover letter. Last day to apply is 31 of March 2023. We read applications continuously, so don't wait with your application.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that striving for diversity helps to build a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.