Within the "CTOs Office" we develop and bring new innovative material science technologies to different industries, and in Sweden the focus is on innovative new processes for pharmaceutical formulation and production.
The project will be initiated in Uppsala, Sweden. Future scaling is planned for and international opportunities will be generated. Do you have what it takes to become ourExperienced Maintenance Engineer / Customer Engineer
We are looking for a person with hands-on experience gained in the development or manufacturing of pharmaceutical equipment and/or analytical instruments. Of particular interest are oral solid dosages (example unit operations granulators, tablet press or coaters) equipment.
The successful Applicant typically acts as a lead, coordinating the work of others and works autonomously within established procedures and practices.
Hands on mechanical and GxP experience in OSD R&D, secondary manufacturing or Pharma QC will be expected.Key Responsibilities
- Performs startups of manufacturing equipment through Installation and Operational Qualification with assistance. Understands all qualifications performed on equipment and verifies operational quality.
- Plans for and completes all levels of preventative and corrective maintenance within timelines. Troubleshoots key mechanical, electrical and software issues at the component and system level. Diagnoses and recommends solutions for complex system downs. Uses process data to diagnose hardware problems. Resolves some sustaining process issues and supports routine process runs on the equipment.
- Performs complex retrofits. May occasionally organize and lead retrofit activities.
- Ensures the correct revisions of procedures and schematics. Identifies and corrects procedural issues. Creates methodologies and procedures as necessary. Participates in patent processes/discussions and documents IP as appropriate.
- Anticipates and responds to customer issues, including communicating with product business group to drive corrective actions. Participates in customer meetings and escalations. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of system.
- Assisat management in operation of site service business.
- Assists Applied Materials field management in establishing and achieving objectives for assigned accounts. Keeps field management and product group informed on customer perception of system performance. Takes initiative to avoid and resolve customer problems. May initiate projects to improve system performance or reduce cost.
Education and Experience
- Follows all checklists and procedures, including safety.
- Associates Degree minimum; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Some 7 - 10 Years of Experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Able to communicate effectively with customers in a dynamic environment.
- Aptitude to work and communicate within a team and within a culturally diverse organization
- Flexibility to work overtime and in a cleanroom environment with personal protective equipment
- The role requires little travelling (ca. 10 %) , but may at times be on short notice
- May act as a team lead, may allocate work to more junior team member
- Languages: Swedish, English
- A solid financial package, including a Stock Purchase Programme, a Car Allowance, Home office Allowance , a Performance Based Bonus and a corporate funded pension plan
- Extensive training in Applieds technology and equipment , in one of our Technology Centers. Training will include how to perform experiments and operate the equipment, maintain, assemble and repair pharma manufacturing equipment for OSD DP manufacturing (granulators, tablet press or coating)
- Global Network of Expertise and the support of an established and financially successful multinational
About Applied Materials
- Opportunity to join early and to become the Expert in Europe in this field
Applied Material is a multinational company supporting major industries such as semiconductors, and displays. This means that nearly every new microchip in the world and every new advanced display is built using our products and
our innovations are used to optimize fab output and efficiency through service, equipment, and automation software.Apply
Are you our new Maintenance Engineer? Apply now by clicking on the 'Ansök nu'