Keen to be in a growing team in a dynamic company? To see your inventions go live quickly? Join Metric Gamings familiar and experienced team in Uppsala and help them develop innovative high-volume and high-availability betting systems.Information om uppdraget
Academic Work is on behalf of our client Metric Gaming looking for Java developers to their Uppsala office.
Reporting to the technical leader also based in Uppsala, you will build and support high performance technology for worldwide gaming companies. You will work within a team in a fast paced and rewarding development environment and be able to learn from the team and to develop your skills.
This challenging position requires self-starters who enjoy understanding the business needs to implement inventive solutions with high requirements on capacity and quality. It is important to effectively combine the needs of multiple projects, to meet aggressive deadlines, and to thrive in a dynamic environment. You can expect a high-profile position in a great team with many challenges, opportunities and rewards in an internationally growing organisation.
The team in Uppsala develops server and backoffice administration software for online sports betting, based on a J2EE platform. The software handles more than 2,000 bets and 1,000 settlements per second on a vast number of markets and bet types. The team manages break-down, implementation, test and delivery of new features. The technology stack is constantly evolving and currently based on Wildfly, JSF, MySQL and Redhat.
Academic Work is responsible for the recruitment process but the candidates that proceed will be employed directly by Metric Gaming.Arbetsuppgifter
As a developer you will work in a software team to deliver high quality software products and services that meet Metrics business goals.For example, you will:
- Implement new functionality
- Improve methodologies, standards, processes and tools to make teams more efficient
- Provide and assist the support and operation staff in solving escalated production and customer issues
- Take part in creating designs for larger implementation tasks for the team
You will work in a fast-paced product development team in an environment where you help each other to achieve the best results.Vi söker dig som
- Someone with a bachelors degree and/or higher computer science knowledge
- Someone who understands working in SQL databases
- Someone who understands design for scalability, performance and reliability and trade-offs therein
- Someone with at least one year of experience from modern Java server development
It will be considered an additional qualification if you have previous experience in Agile/Scrum environment.
As a person have good oral and written communication skills in English. You got the ability to collaborate and work well with others and use your problem solving skills to make the best decisions. You are also keen to completing on-time development with high quality. Further you take your own initiative and take responsibility for your tasks.Other information
Formal employer will be Betpump Solutions AB, a wholly owned subsidary of Metric Gaming.
- Start: According to agreement
- Location: Uppsala City
- This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. The request from Metric Gaming is that all questions regarding the position is handled by
- Apply by pressing the Apply here button below. Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
- We do not handle applications through e-mail, but if you have questions about the position you are welcome to email us at email@example.com and we will answer during office hours. Please write the advert title in the subject and paste the advert link in the mail. For general considerations about your applications/our recruitment process, we are often available in our chat function on our web during weekdays. Feel free to contact us there!
Academic Work is Home of the young professionals. This means that most of our jobs are relevant for you who are studying at university or has completed your studies and are in the beginning of your career. You can work as a consultant on a specific assignment, be recruited directly by one of our clients through our recruitment service or start you career by working internally at any of our Academic Work offices. Find more information on our website www.academicwork.se.