Company description:Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Matter.
We're looking for a senior corporate affair professional to lead Corporate & Government Affairs (CGA) in our four markets in the Nordics (Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland), with a particular focus on Norway and Sweden.
Mondelez International is one of the world's largest snacks companies and home to much-loved brands such as Freia, Marabou, Cadbury, Oreo, Belvita, Green & Blacks, Toblerone and Milka. Our Nordics business sits within the Northern Europe Area structure which employees around 5,000 and has 9 production sides and three research and development sites across 6 countries.
In the Nordics we have a rich heritage dating back centuries when Freia and Marabou were first founded. We have two manufacturing sites across Oslo and Upplands Väsby.Job description:This Corporate Affairs Lead position is a key role within the Northern Europe (NE) CGA Area team, reporting to Northern Europe Senior CGA Director.
The role, based in our office in Stockholm, will lead the Corporate Affairs agenda across the Nordics including external media relations, stakeholder and political engagement as well as internal communications. Working closely with the Northern Europe Senior CGA Director, and with the support of a Nordics CGA Senior Specialist, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a proactive plan for the Nordics (focus on Norway and Sweden) that builds and protects the reputation of the business, managing significant issues and shaping the external policy and legislative environment on critical business issues. They will also collaborate with the Head of Internal Communications for Northern Europe to support internal communications on the ground in the Nordics.
The role includes specific day-to-day accountability for delivering a proactive Corporate Affairs agenda in Norway and Sweden. The successful candidate will be required to build an excellent understanding of the political/policy and media landscapes in Norway and Sweden, as well as the local business, building relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
he position has high visibility and plays a key role within the Nordics Leadership Team, working closely with the cluster Managing Directors (Norway/Denmark cluster and Sweden/Finland cluster), the Cluster Leadership Teams and other functions and would also partner closely with the European and Global CGA teams.
This role will manage and be supported by a Senior CGA Specialist also based in Stockholm.Required profile:How you will contribute:External Affairs
- Develop a proactive external communications and public affairs plan for Norway and Sweden on key business priorities, promoting and protecting business reputation. This would include a strong focus on bringing to life the company's health and sustainability (focus on Palm Oil and Cocoa Sourcing) strategy and actions. Work with the Nordics Senior CGA Specialist to the deliver plan.
- Lead response to external and public policy issues in conjunction with Brussels and Europe CGA team.
- With the support of the Senior CGA Specialist, develop and manage key stakeholder relationships in the Norway and Sweden including; Trade Associations, media, politicians and Government bodies and NGOs where relevant. Maintain positive relationships with priority Norwegian trade associations, to ensure that Mondelez' agenda and best interest are represented on key business issues.
- Highly capable media handler. Will be required to act as the first point of contact for media requests and as a spokesperson for the business across the Nordics but also proactively develop and manage Tier 1 relationships with Norwegian media.
- Effective management of local issues which have the potential to impact Mondelēz' corporate reputation. Act as Nordics Lead on Special Situation communications and issues management.
- Manage the retained external agencies with the support of the Senior CGA Specialist.
In conjunction with the Senior CGA Specialist, deliver, on-the-ground, the broader Northern European Internal Communications Plan with maximum local relevancy, working closely with the Head of Internal Communications for Northern Europe and local communications champions.
- Be a robust partner within the Nordics Leadership Team and Cluster Leadership Teams, provide corporate affairs counsel and support as well as wider input as a leader of the business.
- Ensure relevant Senior Management understand the local market issues and regulatory environment.
- Line Management of Nordics Senior CGA Specialist (also based in Stockholm).
For more information and candidates requirement please view the application url: https://wd3.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/mdlz/External/job/Upplands-Vaesby-Sweden/Corporate-Government-Affairs-Lead-Nordics_R-59252-1What we offer:
At Mondelez Europe, we are proud, not only of the iconic brands we make, but also of the people who make them. Our delicious products are created in 52 plants across Europe by more than 28,000 passionate people. We are the top maker of chocolate and biscuits and a leading maker of gum and candy. We make sure our powerful global brands and local jewels like Cadbury, Milka and Alpen Gold chocolates, Oreo, belVita, LU and Tuc biscuits, and Stimorol and Dirol gums get safely into our customers hands-and mouths. Great people and great brands. That's who we are. Join us on our journey to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.