Dina arbetsuppgifterYour work tasks
As a Horticulturist with us at Arevo, you work operationally in our R&D department where your most important task is to be responsible for our greenhouse activities where you carry out plant experiments. You keep the process together from conducting experiments, analyzing data and reporting results of experiments performed. You have an interest in plant experiments and cultivation methods and like to work practically. You are also out in the field setting up and performing field experiments and evaluating these.
In summary, your duties consist of:
Din profilYour profile
- Being responsible for our greenhouse operations as a whole
- Management of day-to-day fertilization and irrigation, pest scouting and treatment
- Establish new cultivation methods for different agricultural crops and species from the consumer market
- Support the planning of Arevo's greenhouse 2.0
- Planning, managing, and evaluating both greenhouse and field experiments
- Conduct plant experiments such as product dosing experiments and precision placement, etc.
- Evaluate plant experiments through e.g., plant weight/height measurements, analysis of soil samples or plant nutrient uptake
- We believe that you who apply have at least a bachelor's degree in agricultural science, horticultural science or equivalent.
- You have experience in:
- documentation of plant experiments
- commercial cultivation systems in horticulture or agriculture
- You have knowledge regarding abiotic stress (e.g. drought stress) and pest control
- You also have basic knowledge in plant inoculation with beneficial microbes
Arevo is a growing organisation and we believe that you feel strongly about our purpose and are driven by breaking new ground to develop your own role and the company's business. You are a purposeful, solution-oriented and relationship-building person.
The role requires fluency in English in both speech and writing as well as experience of working in the Office suite. Some travel may occur in connection with field studies and therefore a driver's license is a requirement.
Arevo is located in modern and bright premises just outside Umeå. The position is full-time and permanent, and we apply a 6-month probationary period.AnsökanYour application
Does this sound interesting?
In this recruitment process, we collaborate with Clockwork Rekrytering & Bemanning, if you have questions or concerns, please contact recruitment consultant Andreas Christiansen on +46 (0)733-51 27 46 or by email: email@example.com
To ensure sustainable recruitments, we at Clockwork are keen to have an equal and inclusive selection in all of our processes we help our customers with. With the help of a wide selection and with a competence-based methodology as a basis, we ensure that you who apply are treated equally.
Submit your application today, the last day to apply is December 21th 2022.