ValueOne is looking for a Senior Buyer of Electronics for a six month consultant assignment at a manufacturing company south of Stockholm with a strong possibility of being offered a permanent position after completing the assignment.The role
The scope of the role is to ensure a supplier base that exceed expectations and requirements within the areas of quality, delivery and cost.Main tasks:
Experience and competencies
- Lead various RFx from start to end, which includes creation as well as facilitation of the entire process, through supplier evaluations, supplier selection and implementation.
- Continuously collaborate with suppliers to develop, implement supply and cost saving strategies as well as new product development.
- Consult with various departments on supplier management related matters.
- Follow up, provide status and analyze cost break down calculations.
- Develop and maintain risk and opportunity plans.
- Keep updated on global industry trends and technology roadmaps.
- Actively collaborate with R&D to identify/mitigate supply and demand challenges.
- Manage supplier performance as well as periodic business reviews.
- Participate in DFM (Design For Manufacturing) reviews with engineering partners and prospective suppliers.
- Integrate with product development activities with R&D, Project Managers etc. to proactively assure parts availability, identify lead-time requirements, manage contractual obligations and establish comprehensive sourcing strategies, prices, BOM costs etc.
- Perform supplier selection.
- Create product cost roadmaps.
- Drive daily management for cost reduction including price negotiations according to established plans.
- Assist supplier quality engineer with supplier audits, qualification and quality related issues.
- Escalation point for e.g. supplier quality, delivery and financial issues.
The role requires knowledge in commodity management and price/cost breakdown analysis and a minimum of five years’ experience from sourcing or procurement of direct material for manufacturing in a global supplier base environment. Additionally a MSc degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management or Engineering is desired as well as documented experience of managing project and improvement activities. Fluency in English is a must.
The role furthermore demands ability to work with strategic issues as well as manage the operational day to day business.
The person we are looking for should have strong negotiation skills as well as social and collaborative skills. You conduct your work in a structured and process oriented way, work independently and do not hesitate to take your own initiative when necessary. You show endurance in difficult situations and are willing to put your best foot forward to achieve result.Application
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply through our webpage at: http://valueone.se/aktuella-jobb/ as soon as possible. Feel free to contact Olof Widmark at +46 70-7868 099 or 010 332 29 20 with any questions regarding the listed position. Please note that to apply for this position you need to be an EU citizen or have a valid Swedish working permit.ValueOne are specialists in supply chain management, purchasing and logistics. We offer our customers services in three business areas: interim logistics and procurement consultants, recruitment of buyers and logisticians, as well as development of our customers’ supply chain operations in terms of strategies, models, methods, processes, structure, and competence.