About the company
GKN Aerospace is one of the world's largest independent first tier suppliers to the global aviation industry. With over 100 year's aerospace experience, we harness our considerable knowledge and advanced manufacturing technologies to supply high-value, integrated assemblies in both metallic and composite materials.
GKN Aerospace Sweden AB, with 2000 employees, is located in Trollhättan Sweden. GKN Aerospace Sweden AB is a part of GKN Aerospace Engine Systems ("AES"). AES have 4,000 people working in 12 manufacturing sites in Sweden, Norway, USA and Mexico.
Department Customer Support is designated for technical product support within Engine Systems, with close connections to the end users. The department has a product support responsibility for the Military Engine RM12 and stationary gas turbine DR990, LM1600 and commercial engine parts.
We perform field service support, Ground support Equipment, integrated logistic support such as spare parts forecasts, repair development, product monitoring, technical publications as well as analysis and investigations of engine components hardware and function. Examples of our services are decision support and recommendations in terms of handling or function of the engine and components. The department will have a leading role in all hardware improvements on RM12, DR990 and LM1600 on component level.
Today the department consists of 20 people, but we need to expand due to increased work load in RM12 and commercial engine parts and future challenges in the development of repair concepts. The department has extensive experience in Engine Systems, from product development to product support.Job description
Typical tasks for a Repair Development Engineer with focus on repair concepts are:
- Responsible for identifying, initiating and developing new repair concepts for commercial and military engines
- In close cooperation with Design Engineers - Component responsible and MRO-department identify potential needs of new repair concepts
- In close cooperation with Commercial and MRO departments evaluate and calculate if suggested repair concepts are valuable to use or not
- You are an engineer with at least a BSc degree education or documented, for the position, relevant technical experience
- Industrial experience of Product development and /or Product support
- You have technical and analytical skills and an interest in deepening your knowledge for the RM12 engine
- Good communication skills both internally and externally and ability to take lead within tasks
- You are comfortable in taking a big individual responsibility as well as being part of a team
- Furthermore you can communicate in both Swedish and English, written as well as verbally
The assignment is planned to start in September 2021. The screening process will begin no later than week 32.
If you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process, please contact Johan Zizala at Skill by email email@example.com