Are you interested in working in a completely new manufacturing site with high-tech production equipment within the automotive industry? Do you have experience in automation or instrumentation and control in a manufacturing plant? Maybe you are the one we are looking for, so please go ahead and read some more!Job overview
As our Automation and Control Engineer you are responsible for designing production equipment, automation and control systems as well as develop and program PLC and HMI software. You will have the opportunity to take part in the implementation and start-up of new equipment and system, validate modifications and implement improvement procedures.
This is a great opportunity to work with high-tech production equipment in our completely new facility in Trollhättan.Your duties and responsibilities
- Produce and monitor assigned project schedules
- Design and conceptualize electrical equipment (automation, control and power)
- Provide specifications and drawings for equipment and material supply
- Develop and program PLC and HMI software
- Program data acquisition systems and networks
- Produce detailed documentation for equipment troubleshooting
- Verify if modifications made by your Automation technicians meet requirements
- Implement improvement procedures that systematically searches for the source of the problem, solves it and makes the production operational again
- Update electrical plans
- Develop programming standards and processes to ensure flawless production
- Ensure that the systems comply with current safety standards
We are looking for a candidate with a bachelor´s degree in electrical engineering/automated production or other equivalent education. Alternatively you have a corresponding experience through practical work in this field.
Knowledge required for the role is:
- Automation programming (Grafcet, Ladder and Remote I/O)
- Siemens PLC
- Electrical Code and the CSA Standards
- Electrical drawing software
- SCADA Systems (Cimplicity is an asset)
- SQL databases
- Familiarity with robot manipulation/intervention
In order to succeed in this role you need to be able to:
- Select simple, effective and robust detection methods
- Work and communicate effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to predict process failure modes
- Take decisions based on data collection analysis
- Ability to diagnose and solve various automation problems
- Effectively works on multiple files concurrently while ensuring timeliness
As a person you are self-reliant, methodical and rigorous. Furthermore you are result-oriented and have a sense of initiative and openness. You speak and write Swedish fluently and due to the fact that we are a Canadian company also fluent English is mandatory.
You have minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in automation or instrumentation and control in a manufacturing plant.Care to join Spectra Premium in Trollhättan?
In this recruitment we are cooperating with Badenoch + Clark. For further information about the role please contact senior recruitment consultant Sarah Wallentin, 0736 - 84 72 03. Selection is ongoing so do not wait to submit your application.About Spectra PremiumSpectra Premium is a team of more than 1,400 dedicated employees specialized in the design, manufacturing and distribution of cooling systems, fuel delivery, ignition and engine management, climate control, and under car components for automotive vehicles as well as light and heavy trucks.We operate four plants in Canada and one in Sweden, 16 warehouses, including two major ones in the United States, and a distribution network in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our company has been growing steadily for the past 30 years.Our mission is to develop and provide premium automotive components and systems that are the choice of OE manufacturers, automotive technicians and do-it-yourself consumers. Every Spectra Premium employee is committed to achieving this mission via a global manufacturing and distribution network supported through unmatched customer service and after-sales support. Read more at www.spectrapremium.com.