Professional and motivated employees ensure our success and we are now looking for a Development Engineer to our R&D team. In this role we expect that you provide industry leadership through the development of innovative products and processes that will enable successful results for our customers.
As a Research & Development Engineer in our Narrow Web Division, you will be a part of a team of engineers working with formulation and application development. In this role you will develop UV/EB curable inks & coatings, targeted to the Pressure Sensitive Label, Shrink Sleeve and Flexible Packaging market segments. This means that you will be a part of projects from feasibility study to product launch, including customer trials, implementation in manufacturing and Quality Control (QC). Further you will:
- Plan, execute and conclude product development work on assigned projects within the agreed time frame
- Lead or be part of project teams involving interaction with different functions as needed to complete the work
- Navigate in defined project structure with multiple stakeholders to secure efficient project execution
- Be responsible for project tasks from feasibility study to product launch, including customer trials, implementation in manufacturing and QC
- Utilize your technical knowledge to develop products, including formulating new ink systems, optimizing existing products, or make technical recommendations to sales or technical personnel
- Act within global regulatory environment and secure sustainable solutions for our customers
- Fully complete assigned projects and communicate the results through internal documents, customer trial reports, technical data sheets and presentations
You are a person that has an analytical mind-set and identifies the central part of complex problems and questions. You can absorb new technology quickly and you can handle difficult and complex situations in an effective way. Further you are a true team player that acknowledges others contribution, by listening, consulting and discussion with others. You have very good communication skills. You handle changing circumstances in a positive pro-active way and realize the opportunities this might give.
- MSc or BSc degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or Chemical Engineering or equivalent, preferably with 3+ years within formulation work in development laboratories
- Ideally you have in depth knowledge of UV based ink systems, and printing processes
- Dedication and passion about printing inks
- As we are a global company you need to be fluent in English, both written and orally.
Please apply by filling out the application form. Since interviews will be held continuously, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We are not able to accept applications via e-mail.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, contact Recruitment Consultant recruiter Johanna Isberg at 0705-843383 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!About usFlint Group manufactures and markets an extensive portfolio of conventional and energy curable inks, printing plates for flexo and letterpress, sleeve systems for flexographic applications, pigments and additives for use in inks and other colourant applications, printing blankets, sleeves and pressroom chemicals for offset printing. We offer our customers a unique portfolio of system solutions and technical service. New products are jointly developed together with customers and partners. The company is the number one or number two supplier in every major region it serves. Flint Group operates in more than 150 facilities worldwide and employs nearly 8000 people. www.flintgrp.com