Flint Group is a leading global supplier to the labels, packaging and print media industries. We employ 6500 specialists in 140 locations in about 50 countries around the world. Our inks are used to produce labels, shrink sleeves and packaging for the biggest and most recognizable consumer brands and we offer our customers a unique portfolio of system solutions and technical service.Professional and motivated employees ensure our success and we are now looking for a R&D and Process Technology Engineer, to drive and implement important improvements to our existing product portfolio and to create new innovative products that will support our growth targets. In this role we expect that you provide industry leadership through the development of innovative products and processes that will enable successful results for our customers. This role offers the possibility to grow professionally and personally.Main Challenges
- Work close together with the Production and have an active contribution to the investigation/development of new process technologies that will improve efficiency, quality and cost.
- Utilize your technical and chemical knowledge to develop products, including formulating new ink systems, optimising existing products, or make technical recommendations to sales or technical personnel
- Lead or be part of smaller project teams (1 to 3 people) involving interaction with different functions as needed to complete the work
- Be responsible for project tasks from feasibility study to product launch, including lab work according to standard test methods and customer trials, implementation in manufacturing and Quality Control
- Plan, execute and conclude product development work on assigned projects within the agreed time frame
- Navigate in defined project structure with multiple stakeholders to secure efficient project execution
- Participate in batch-up and related documentation and contribute to proper description of scale up processes
- Act within global regulatory environment and secure sustainable solutions for our customers
- Fully complete assigned projects and communicate the results through internal documents, customer trial reports, technical data sheets and presentations
- A MSc in Organic Chemistry with 3 to 5 years of experience in R&D and Process Technologies (Upscaling & Production), with preference for a PhD in Organic Chemistry
- Know-how about UV curable technology and competence within "structure-properties" relations, e.g. which raw materials are needed for achieving a certain physical property in the final product
- Strong orientation for process and procedures across lab testing as well as project management, complaint handling, etc.
- Deep understanding of project management
- Absorb new technology quickly
- Analytical mind-set, being able to decompose complex matters to its individual building blocks
- True team player that acknowledges others contribution, by listening, consulting and discussion with others
- Open mindset to different cultures
- Dedication, passion and high energy level
- Good communication skills including translating "chemical language" into "non-chemical", fully understandable language
- Pro-active and hands-on
- Results oriented
- Fluent English language skills both verbal and in written
Please apply by uploading your CV and cover letter through the application form. Flint Group is a global company, thus please note that we need your application to be written in English
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, but no later than March 1st 2021. The selection process will be run in parallel and thus the position may be filled previous to this. Please note we do not accept applications via e-mail.
All enquiries are treated confidentially. For more information about the role or the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact senior recruiter Johanna Isberg, email@example.com, +46 705 84 33 83.
We look forward to your application!