Flint Group is a leading global supplier to the labels, packaging and print media industries. We employ 6500 specialists in 140 locations in about 50 countries around the world. Our inks are used to produce labels, shrink sleeves and packaging for the biggest and most recognizable consumer brands and we offer our customers a unique portfolio of system solutions and technical service.Professional and motivated employees ensure our success and we are now looking for a R&D Engineer, to be a part of our process re-inventing our portfolio in order to establish a technology platform for growth. In this role we expect that you provide industry leadership through the development of innovative products and processes that will enable successful results for our customers. This role offers the possibility to grow professionally and personally.Main Challenges
- Plan, execute and conclude product development work on assigned projects within the agreed time frame
- Lead or be part of smaller project teams (1 to 3 people) involving interaction with different functions as needed to complete
- the work
- Navigate in defined project structure with multiple stakeholders to secure timely and efficient project execution
- Be responsible for project tasks from feasibility study to product launch, including lab work according to standard test methods and customer trials, implementation in manufacturing and Quality Control
- Utilize your technical and chemical knowledge to develop products, including formulating new ink systems, optimising existing products, or make technical recommendations to sales or technical personnel
- Act within global regulatory environment and secure sustainable solutions for our customers
- Fully complete assigned projects and communicate the results through internal documents, customer trial reports, technical data sheets and presentations
- A MSc in Organic Chemistry with 3 to 5 years of experience, with preference for a PhD in Organic Chemistry
- Know-how about UV curable technology and competence within "structure-properties" relations, e.g. which raw materials are needed for achieving a certain physical property in the final product
- Strong orientation for process and procedures across lab testing as well as project management, complaint handling, etc.
- Absorb new technology quickly
- Analytical mind-set, being able to decompose complex matters to its individual building blocks
- True team player that acknowledges others contribution, by listening, consulting and discussion with others
- Open mindset to different cultures
- Dedication, passion and high energy level
- Good communication skills including translating "chemical language" into "non-chemical", fully understandable language
- Pro-active and hands-on
- Results oriented
- Fluent English language skills both verbal and in written
Please apply by uploading your CV and cover letter through the application form. Flint Group is a global company, thus please note that we need your application to be written in English
We will bring in candidates on a continuous basis, so don´t wait with you application too long. Please note we do not accept applications via e-mail.
All enquiries are treated confidentially. For more information about the role or the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact senior recruiter Johanna Isberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 705 84 33 83.
We look forward to your application!