Erasteel is the world´s leading producer of high-speed steels produced by powder metallurgy. Thanks to their high quality, latest technology and strong manpower with ability to meet and exceed customer needs Erasteel has a unique market situation with continued high ambitions for the future. To strengthen tomorrow you need to grow today. Thus Erasteel is now building up a new team of category leaders. We are therefore looking for you who want to take on one of these new roles, here as Category leader for subcontracting, tooling and MRO (Maintenance, repair and operations). In this role you will be working out of Sweden but belong to an international source to contract team within the Erasteel Organisation.The role
This role belongs to the sourcing team, a team with focus on source to contract, managing with excellency for its segment of spenditure globally. It´s a group of 6 category leaders and 2 site procurement managers, reporting to the transition manager for purchasing.
The role in focus here is the category leader position covering subcontracting, investments and MRO (maintenance, repair and operations). The purpose of this recruitment is to provide purchasing expertise and category knowledge as well as management skills for all external related expenses regarding subcontracting of Erasteels production.This category mainly covers:
- Investments of industrial equipment (CAPEX)
- Industrial services and suppliers
It´s a central and important role for the future of Erasteel. You are the ambassador of the company both internally and externally when meeting customers, in terms of knowledge, ethics and following CSR guidelines. You support, monitor and drive the roadmap of your category aligned with the global purchasing targets.
The position is based in Söderfors, north of Uppsala, about 1 and a half hour north of Stockholm. Söderfors is the Head Quarters of Erasteel in Sweden.Responsibilities
As a leader of this category you will;
To succeed in this role, you will:
- lead the roadmap of your category aligned with the category´s targets, context and KPI´s
- report progress and take/lead actions throughout the purchasing process
- define and implement sourcing strategies
- manage purchasing topics and process toolings
- be the specialist of your category by performance and sourcing/dealing with innovative suppliers
- be active in the market - always strive for best-in-class performance
- facilitate internally and act as the source of information as the key point of contact to departments, management, and other production sites
To thrive in this role, we believe you have the following background:
- take an active part in the cost control of expense process
- prevent taking unnecessary risks thanks to legal agreements, compliance policies, clear rules and communications with consistency throughout the company
- monitor performance closely and be on top of actions to take, regarding your category performance
As a person
- 7 or more years of experiences in purchasing (at least five as category leader), preferably in similar roles
- a technical background with a bachelor degree, or higher, in information technology or engineering, technics or economics combined with project management experience or alike
- beneficial if you have worked with subcontractors for metal forging casting / at ease in technical industrial areas
- ability to manage multidisciplinary groups (requestor, buyer, lawyer, finance, suppliers, etc...)
- having worked in a matrix organization is a plus
- familiar to work in multicultural teams
- good communications skills
- fluent Swedish and English verbally as well as written is mandatory
- fluent French is a major plus, understanding / with experience working in a French company.
- results oriented, balancing diplomacy, charisma and strong leadership
- good at multitasking on all levels and between different departments (CEO, controllers, Operation Directors...)
- capability to understand the big picture and identify key things for success
- forward-thinking and goal-focused mindset with ability to work under pressure
- strong stakeholder management skills with a proactive and optimistic attitude
You´re at the stage of your career where you have already gathered a good amount of work experience and spent years working with purchasing, category management and procurement preferably with in the HSS industry or closely related. You have several years of experience in mid-to-large multi-national matrix-like organizations. However, you´re still eager to learn more and want to take that next step in your career. You are driven, goal-oriented, structured with an eye for detail and a positive and open mind-set. You are transparent and patient with others. Happy to help, when and where you can! You have a team-spirit personality with leadership skills and at ease to cooperate with stakeholders at all levels. Excellent presentation skills is a gift of yours including the ability to prepare clear and simple messages concisely and convincingly. Your personality is compromising and pragmatic with a people person attitude.We offer
A challenging new position in a fast growing and value-driven organization with a strong culture of caring. You will join a new team facing a demanding but growing market. Erasteel is big enough to be a major global actor but small enough to offer you a role where you can make a difference.
The company enables you to perform in your position with the freedom and power to make decisions, tailor development plans to enable you to perform in your role as a professional or a leader. The position is permanent with normal office hours and offers flexible work hours with sum amount of travelling. You will get a motivating monthly salary based on your experience, in addition to all other employer benefits.INTERESTED?
Can you picture yourself in this role? Do you recognize the same values? Do you want to join the Erasteel on this journey? If so, please send your application together with your CV. We look forward to your application.
Selection and interviews take place on an ongoing basis so we look forward to your application as soon as possible. In this recruitment, Erasteel collaborates with Badenoch + Clark, Executive Search within the Adecco Group. If you have questions about the position, you are warmly welcome to contact recruitment consultant Cecilia Ericsson de Contreras on 0736-84 71 07 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications and contacts are treated confidentially.About erasteel
Erasteel is a major player in the HSS market with high-end conventional and powder metallurgy high speed steels. With its ASP range, Erasteel is one leading producer of PM HSS for high performance tooling and components. Erasteel produce also a range of metal powders, named Pearl for HIP bars and parts. Powders for additive manufacturing are produced and sold by its sistercompany company Aubert & Duval. Pls read further on www.erasteel.com