Surface Chemistry is a global business unit, operating in 50 countries and employing 1500 people. The global headquarters is located in Chicago, USA, and regional marketing centres are located in Bridgewater, New Jersey, (USA), Singapore, and Stenungsund (Sweden).
One of Surface Chemistry's three factories in the EMIEA region is located in Stockvik.The Surface Chemistry business makes surface-active agents (surfactants) used in a wide range of both industrial and consumer products, for example cleaning goods, oil-field applications, printing, paints, fabric softeners, asphalt, mining, and electronics. At the site in Stockvik we see an increasing demand for the products and the site is of strategic importance for Surface Chemistry.About the position
We are now looking for a Technology Manager to our Site in Stockvik. As our Technology Manager you will be responsible for introduction/elimination of products and the quality control of the existing product portfolio. You will lead your team and create a capable organization where people perceive their workplace as a great place to work. Along with site management you will act as a change agent for the HSE culture and continuous improvement and be a role model for ensuring compliance with HSE policys and procedures.Main responsibilities
- Through strong and clear leadership ensure an open constructive safety dialogue with the staff and strict compliance and adherence to Nouryon's Life Saving rules and Golden Principle
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and Nouryon standards
- Improve the Process Safety and the safety performance and safeguard the license to operate by identifying hazards and taking appropriate actions in case new risks are identified
- Use standardized methodologies for problem solving and improvement projects
- Ensure that long term plans are in place and communicated, e.g. capex
- Provide expert know-how and input to the scoping and basic engineering of capital projects
- People management and development: Attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop employees, ensure staffing and stimulate talent(management
- Master of science in Chemical Engineering or similar
- Proven good leadership skills
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- Relevant knowledge within the area of HSE
- 5-7 years of experience within the process industry
- Previous experience from investments projects is desirable
To be successful in this position you are a strong leader who appreciates the power of team work as well as individual performances. You are confident in your own expertise and a strong drive to deliver results while maintaining a high quality and safety standards. You have excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly set the direction as well as create winning teams and build your own network. You have experience from change management and enjoy being a manager in an environment of changeWhy join us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Site Manager and based in Stockvik, Sundsvall.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded. We carry out a continuous selection and may close the application process before the final application date, so don't hesitate to send us your application.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Fredrik Nederberg, Site Manager, +46 73-385 55 47
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Sara Svanbäck, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 70-286 95 77.
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@nouryon.com
For unions related questions please contact:
Sveriges Ingenjörer, Carl Nordlander, +4660-13 42 25
Unionen, Mattias Andersson, +4660-13 41 69
Ledarna, Magnus Söderberg, +4660-13 42 05
We look forward to your application!
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.