Nouryon is an industry leader within specialty chemicals and we develop our products and processes with a sustainable future in mind. We are always looking for a smarter, safer and more sustainable way to invent, produce and transport our products. To be number one, we need to stay sharp and continuously improve every part of our business. If you share our passion for excellence and wants to lead one of our most valued production units, this might be the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Production Manager to Expancel production at Site Stockvik outside Sundsvall. In managing the production unit, you supply senior competence regarding production, productivity, quality control and process technology – in all areas with continuous improvement as the main driver. You are also the primary contact regarding production planning and quality issues and will have a high degree of internal and external communications.
As Production Manager you report to the Site Manager and have 11 direct reports: Shift supervisors, Permit Supervisors, Gatekeeper and Production Engineers. The whole organization is about 70 people.Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for production units and development for continuously improved productivity, HSE performance and quality performance.
- As a member of the site management team, contribute to the formulation of site objectives from a production perspective and ensure site capabilities, constraints and HSE considerations are incorporated into the site plan
- Responsible for new product introduction, including evaluation of capability from a productivity as well as quality point of view.
- Responsible for master data SAP Production and SAP QM.
- Member of the site management team and emergency team.
- Lead an operational excellence agenda by coaching & teaching functional excellence in all areas while achieving sustainable improvement in the safety, reliability, productivity, quality of plant operations
- Ensure compliance with Swedish legislation, regulations and the Nouryon standards.
- Act as a change agent for the HSE culture. Be a role model, act on deviations and immediately stop ongoing work if not performed in a safe way.
- Develop individual team members and build a team which collectively is capable of and fully involved in achieving the task.
- Manage human resources, stimulate talent management and identify and select talents with growth potential
- Walk the talk by living the Nouryon values and working across functions and departments to drive the overall strategy for improved and leading performance within Health, Safety, Environment and Security.
- Academic degree within engineering
- Proven track record as line manager in production.
- 3-5 years of experience as production manager or equivalent experiences.
- Knowledge and experience in Continuous Improvements and L6S is preferred.
- Experience from chemical process industry
- Fluent in Swedish and English, both written and spoken.
- Good proven communication and coaching skills
Why join us?
- Extensive knowledge about health, safety, work environment and security
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to Site Director and based in Stockvik, Sundsvall.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
We carry out a continuous selection and may close the application process before the final application date, so don't hesitate to send us your application.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Peter Nilsson, Interim Site Manager, +46 70 598 48 26.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Sara Svanbäck, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 70 286 95 77.
For unions related questions please contact
Sveriges Ingenjörer, Carl Nordlander, +4660-13 42 25
Unionen, Mattias Andersson, +4660-13 41 69
Ledarna, Magnus Söderberg, +4660-13 42 05
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@nouryon.com
We look forward to your application!About Expancel
Expancel® Microspheres is the world's favorite secret ingredient. You can find it in all your everyday essentials – your car, your shoes, the cork that protects your wine. It helps product developers worldwide expand their business, enabling them to reduce weight, cut costs, improve quality and create unique finishes. Expancel has dual functionality as a blowing agent and lightweight filler. The microspheres consist of a thermoplastic shell encapsulating a gas. Add heat and they expand dramatically, up to 60 times their original volume. The product is supported by unmatched technology know-how, ensuring smooth integration into any process. Expancel is a trademark within Nouryon – a world leading provider of expandable microspheres.
Take the chance to join us where it all started!
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.About Nouryon
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.