AkzoNobel Pulp and Performance Chemicals (PPC) is a leading global organization in pulp technology, colloidal silica and expandable microspheres. We offer innovative and sustainable products and technologies that are widely used by customers in a variety of industrial applications. Performance Chemicals operate four product lines: Expancel, LEVASIL, Chromasil and Fine Chemicals. Our headquarters are located in Bohus, Sweden. Stockvik is one of the largest sites in AkzoNobel in Sweden, with 380 people working in two different business units: Pulp and Performance Chemicals and Surface Chemistry.
The Technology group of AkzoNobel, Expancel in Sundsvall has the objective to provide new and optimize existing process equipment for todays need to the business and to innovate and protect the solutions for tomorrow´s need as well. The Technology group consists of 12 people and serves both Expancel and Bleaching Chemicals.
For our office in Stockvik, we are now looking for an experienced Process Engineer who will contribute to our success through the following responsibilities and tasks. Main responsibilities
- Process expert on site, fully understanding the detail of how the plant and process work and able to lead assessments of the impact of process changes. Manage assigned projects within own discipline and ensure safe execution and delivery within time, budget and quality..
- Introduce and integrate new processes and relevant design work accordingly, strategy of control, installations, products and/or equipment in production, at times based on results of development projects, as well as advice on new business cases based on process modifications and/or modifications of existing operations.
- Is the key contact with the offsite technical support functions and marketing for changes to the products made on site, including recipe and new raw material approvals.
You will be joining a multinational organization that is committed to your personal and professional development and have the chance to experience a broad range of projects.Job requirements/Candidate profile
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
- Master of Science in Chemical engineering
- Several years of experience in engineering in the actual area
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate on all levels in the organization since you will be working in several different projects with external and internal customers
- Good problem-solving skills, able to identify and structure issues, run accurate (also statistical) analyses and synthesize recommendations
- Fluent in English and Swedish, both oral and written
- To be successful in this position you are a collaborative cross-functional team player as well as focused on creating results. You have the ability to identify opportunities and proactive in putting forward ideas and solutions. You also have the ability to plan activities and carry them through effectively, i.e. prioritizing tasks and work to deadlines. As a person you are curious, flexible, methodical, responsible, result oriented and quality-driven.
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Technology Manager and based in Stockvik. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Thomas Ahlinder, Technology Manager, +46 70 579 44 96.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Ingeborg Lindgren, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 70 286 95 77.For unions related questions please contact:
Sveriges Ingenjörer, Carl Nordlander +46 60 13 42 25
Unionen, Mattias Andersson, +46 60-13 41 67
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@akzonobel.com
We are looking forward to your application!More about the business
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.