DescriptionXylem |ˈzīləm|1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;2) a leading global water technology company.Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world's most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com/careersSenior Network Specialist
The Senior Network Specialist role is to architect, plan, implement, troubleshoot and issue resolution of existing and future network infrastructures to deliver best-in-class network performance. The infrastructure includes network LAN/WAN (switches, routers), WLAN and VoIP. This is an addition to the team that today consists of 7 people.Responsibilities
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Provide design, engineering and architectural support to manage the network infrastructure including technical requirements, analysis, design and implementation of WAN, LAN, WLAN, SD-WAN, SDN and VoIP.
- Install, configure, administer and maintain all Cisco Network switches and routers.
- Provide level-2/3 network support including system monitoring and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Engineer, document and implement LAN, WAN and WLAN solutions.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the infrastructure and IT global systems.
- Provide input to approve purchase of supplier equipment per standards.
- Manage technology vendors and partners.
- Participate in system acceptance testing and change management process.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Sciences, Systems Engineering or related major.
- Equivalent of 5-8 years of relevant experience architecting, designing, installing and maintaining network systems defined by job posting.
- CCNP certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Advanced experience with multivendor global enterprise environment and also in architecting large scale global networks and documentation.
- Advanced experience in SDN, SD-WAN, VoIP and SIP design and support.
- Advanced experience and understanding of OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Advanced experience and understanding of dynamic routing (BGP and OSPF).
- Working experience and understanding in technical areas: Networking Protocols/Services BGP, OSPF, IPsec, GRE, HSRP/VRRP, NAT/PAT, SNMP, MPLS, VoIP, SIP, VPLS, QoS, T1, DS3, Ethernet, Firewalls, SDN, SDA and Cisco DNA.
- Excellent technical abilities and working experience of Cisco network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols (802.11) and Cisco Wireless Controllers.
- Preferred experience in network load balancers.
- Project management skills, ability to manage time and complex tasks, and working knowledge of SLAs and Metrix.
- Excellent skills in English, both oral and written, are essential to perform this work as part of a global company.
To be successful in the role, you must be a problem solver, self-starter, work with limited supervision, a team player and able to clearly communicate with other team members, management and user community and effectively work with external vendors and technology partners.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectivity with a wide range of constituencies to communicate technical information and non-technical personnel.Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.Application
We only accept applicants through jobs.jobvite.com/xylem.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please contact Leila Sayyad, Corporate Recruiter, Leila.firstname.lastname@example.org .
Welcome with your application!