Schibsted Data Foundations is a department within Product & Tech Foundations in Schibsted Data and Technology. We are solving exciting problems at scale, spanning from gathering up to 1.1 billion events per day while keeping users' privacy and data security in mind, to building high quality predictive machine learning models. Our services are powering critical use-cases in Schibsted such as producing insights about our customers, segments for the online advertising on our sites, and personalization of our news. We are looking for a Software or Data Architect for the Data Foundations department.
Data Foundations has been transitioning in the recent past, slowly shedding technical debt and legacy products. We are now at a very exciting time, having recently redefined our product strategy, ready to start to reimagine what our core capabilities are, and what they should look like. This is where you come in, as a staff architect, we need your help in defining what this should look like from a technical perspective.
You will have a unique opportunity to apply your knowledge of building software at scale, whilst growing you as a professional in this field. If you would like to work with ingestion, processing, and distribution of data, while Schibsted are embarking on their data mesh journey then this is the place to be. In your role as a staff architect you will have a huge impact on how we design and deploy our technologies. Technologies that will continue to run for years serving business value. You will be reporting to the Director of Engineering.
- Establish and communicate the architectural vision for software projects within the department.
- Collaborate with Engineers, Engineering Directors, Product Managers, and Development Teams to align architectural solutions with business needs.
- Mentor Software Engineers to promote software craftsmanship, inspire best practices, and foster a developer culture that sets a high standard.
- Technical Expertise and Innovation:
- Evaluate new technologies to determine their applicability within the department's technology stack.
- Develop, document, and champion architectural policies and standards to guide the team.
- Facilitate architecture discussions, resolve disputes, and make informed decisions. Monitor system performance, identify areas for optimization, and drive improvements.
Project Management and Organisational Impact:
- Work with privacy and security experts to ensure software compliance with industry regulations.
- Assist in preparing budgets and timelines for architectural aspects of projects.
- Lead the organization in making fundamental changes to technology stacks, including migration from legacy products.
- Navigate complexities and leverage prior experiences to ensure timely and efficient transitions. Address the unknowns and deliver on this transformation effectively.
- We are at the start of making some fundamental changes to our existing technology stacks, where we will migrate away from or replace some in-house built legacy products, as such, you will work with teams to ensure that we are capable of doing so in a timely and efficient manner.
- In this work, there are still a lot of unknowns, and your prior experiences will be key to ensure that we deliver on these in a good manner.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in software development.
- Experience in designing and building distributed, scalable, and high volume solutions within the field of data science/data engineering.
- Previous experience working with behavioural or other user data is to the core of our purpose.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership qualities and a team-oriented mindset.
- Extensive experience with languages like: Python, Scala and Kotlin, commonly used in the data engineering domain.
- Experience with Kubernetes, AWS.
Schibsted is a family of digital brands with a strong Nordic position, and more than 6,000 employees. Millions of people interact with our companies every day through our leading online marketplaces, world-class media houses. We also help new promising businesses grow. Our joint mission of empowering people in their daily lives is rooted in the values of our media heritage and a legacy of bold change. At our best, we are a fearless force for change in a society built on trust and transparency.
Data & Tech is a central product and tech unit that serves all of Schibsted. We are about 250+ people in Oslo, Stockholm and Krakow, and collaborate closely with other product and tech teams in all units in Schibsted. Areas of responsibilities include data & technology strategy, privacy/data trends/responsible data & machine learning, information security and internal IT.
Fler jobb från samma arbetsgivare