Senior Software Engineer - React / Node.js
Create is the CMS powering Schibsted’s newsrooms, and a crucial tool in delivering news to millions of readers in Norway and Sweden. A large portion of the 1500+ users are journalists and editors, and Create is an integral part of their work.
The project is currently in an exciting phase where we want to renew the focus on newsroom innovation, through both architecture and collaboration with external stakeholders and developers. The outcome has the potential to enable our journalists to have an even greater impact on society and help them in their pursuit of the journalistic mission.
Our vibrant team is looking for an experienced engineer who can bring new perspectives on different parts of the stack and contribute with new ideas for improvements.
Our team consists of a product manager, two product designers, and seven developers. We have a high focus on collaboration within the team, and the developers also have the opportunity to impact not only the technology and code but the product itself. Code reviews, code retros and much more are in place to ensure we are always becoming better at what we do.
What you will do:
- Build the front-end for the CMS used by Schibsted’s newsrooms, where journalists produce articles reaching a wide audience in Norway and Sweden
- Take part of discussions and bring ideas to the team and drive the development on all parts of our platform
- Ensure the performance of the platform
- Experiment with new technology and frameworks, and learn from that
- Collaborate closely with a product designer, UX designer and other team members
Who you are
- You can look at a problem and formulate and communicate a technically scalable solution
- You are interested in software development best practices and love ensuring that the platform is ready for future needs
- You know fundamental computer science concepts and patterns
- It’s a bonus if you have an interest or experience in cloud architecture
- You are a fluent English speaker since our team has mixed nationalities and is distributed between Stockholm, Oslo and Krakow
We can offer
- A modern TypeScript/React stack that we are proud of, which incorporates many best practices and interesting technologies, and will serve as inspiration for future projects you work on
- Thorough code reviews; testing as a requirement, achieved with a balanced mix of end-to-end tests and unit tests.
- Friendly team with strong emphasis on collaboration and knowledge sharing. We would love to learn from you as well!
Schibsted is a family of digital brands with a strong Nordic position, and more than 6,000 employees. Millions of people interact with our companies every day through our leading online marketplaces, world-class media houses. We also help new promising businesses grow. Our joint mission of empowering people in their daily lives is rooted in the values of our media heritage and a legacy of bold change. At our best, we are a fearless force for change in a society built on trust and transparency.
Product & Tech is responsible for product development and technology platforms for News Media brands. The unit consists of product managers, software engineers, UX experts, and user researchers. Most of our teams work distributed, with colleagues in Oslo, Stockholm, Krakow, Gdansk, Bergen, and Stavanger.
Fler jobb från samma arbetsgivare