About the Role
As a Software Engineer at IOPSYS, you will develop and maintain code that will be used in controlling the functions of the Residential Gateways and WiFi Extenders. The products powered by iopsysWrt comprise multiple technology domains such as Linux Kernel, Network (WiFi, DSL, VoIP, etc.), Virtualization, Internet of Things and UX. You will take part in full development process: function specification, design, coding, test automation and documentation.
The work is performed closely with other parts of the organization, such as product management and customer support which leads to a good understanding and an overall impression of the full projects and products.
In the role as software engineer there will be great opportunities to utilize a multitude of skills, primarily software design and implementation but also profiling and optimization, troubleshooting, debug and trace, requirement analysis and more.
You will be employed by Studentwork but IOPSYS is looking for a long-term collaboration and the goal is that you will be over recruited within a year, if both parts are satisfied with the collaboration.Your responsibilities
- Software development in Linux system
- C/C++ for application development
- BASH for startup and hot-plug scripts
- Python for Test Automation
- Debugging your own and others’ code
- Troubleshooting network and wireless problems
- Technical Documentation (English)
Nice to have
- MS or BS in Computer science or equivalent (or you have gained the same experience by being involved in open-source projects)
- Linux Knowledge
- Programming skills in C/C++
- General network and wireless knowledge: WLAN, TCP/IP, Firewall
- Very good English skills in speaking and writing
- Programming skills in Python
We believe you are a versatile and pragmatic professional with a genuine interest in technology. You are interested in continuously updating your knowledge and improving your skills. Further, you have ability to learn from code and examples where poor documentation is the case. You have good interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in teams.About Studentwork
Studentwork is a leading Nordic recruitment and staffing company specialized in graduates and candidates with up to five years of work experience. We mainly offer positions in the fields of finance, sales/marketing, technology and administration.
We are experts in matching our customers’ needs with our candidates’ qualities and skills. At Studentwork culture always comes first and our business is guided by our values: Always Deliver, Be Creative, Take Responsibility and Share Fun.