Over the last couple of years Deloitte’s services within financial reporting and IPO-services has experienced significant growth and we continue to see even stronger demand for our services going forward. Therefore, the Accounting and Financial Reporting (AFR) team is looking to strengthen with financial reporting advisors and IFRS-specialists starting January 2024, with a focus on:
- IFRS and financial reporting advisory
- IPO-services, like for example IPO-readiness and supporting clients in preparation for becoming a listed entity
- Transaction based accounting services, like for example due diligence support, restructurings, business combinations and M&A-related accounting advisory work
Your role will involve serving our largest and most complex clients as well as entrepreneurial and fast-growing companies on its IPO-journey. The daily work will vary significantly spanning from assisting and supporting clients in their journey of becoming a listed client to providing advice on complex financial reporting matters. Joining Deloitte will ensure that you will be a member of one of Sweden’s most experienced and successful teams within IFRS and IPO-services. Your daily work will for example include the following responsibilities:
- Supporting clients implementing IFRS by being a team member in our IFRS conversion-team
- Be a member in our IPO/IPO-Readiness teams
- Providing clients with advice on technical accounting issues and broader impacts of new accounting standards and changes in the regulatory landscape
- Analysing impact on financial reporting and advising clients on mergers, business combinations and cross-border transactions
- Researching relevant technical and industry developments, participating in or facilitating internal and external training sessions
- Support our due diligence and merger and acquisitions teams with respect to financial and accounting aspects of transactions in the stock market
- Support preparing, and performing quality reviews of financial statements prepared in accordance with IFRS and Swedish GAAP
- Build, maintain and winning long lasting client relationships
To be successful in this role the following requirements are key:
- Completed academic degree in business administration or other relevant field.
- 1-3 years’ experience from working with external financial reporting, either from working in a financial department, as an auditor or accounting consultant as well a financial controller
- High interest in deepening your knowledge in financial reporting, IFRS, transactions and mergers and the IPO-market including stock-market regulations
- Ability to communicate accurately and efficiently in English in written and spoken form, fluency in Swedish is considered meritorious.
- Furthermore, we believe that you are a person who likes challenges, has a good analytical ability to solve complex issues and is trustworthy as a person. You are innovative, with a problem-solving mindset and have a strong drive to develop yourself and your surroundings.
- You collaborate well with your colleagues, and you like to help others develop and learn more, both technically and to build strong teams.
How you’ll grow
Deloitte recognizes that our success is due to our talented people. We invest heavily in our practitioners providing them with the right tools, training and working flexibility to enable them to deliver and be successful in a motivating and rewarding environment. Teamwork is an important aspect of our success and something we emphases by bringing our practitioners together on a regular basis to share experiences, knowledge and build strong internal relationships. In addition, we offer:
- Access to one of the world's largest consulting organizations, world-class training programs and a powerful network of experienced colleagues
- Flexible and well-balanced working conditions
- The freedom and opportunity to develop yourself and our business
- A pleasant work environment with team-oriented colleagues
- Competitive pay and good benefits
- Possibility to work on international client projects/engagements and global secondments
In addition to above, the Swedish IFRS and IPO-services team is one of the leading advisory and expert teams in Sweden. We are part of the global Deloitte network of IFRS advisors and accounting specialists, and we are accredited as a Deloitte IFRS Centre of Excellence. We play key roles in Swedish and international financial reporting organizations (like for example FAR, the Swedish Financial Reporting Board and EFRAG) which will provide you firsthand contact with all leading persons in our Swedish and global firm ensuring best possible support for your career ambitions and personal development.
Submit your application online as soon as possible. Your application should contain your:
- Cover letter including a motivation why you are interested in Deloitte and this role. You can upload the cover letter as a document.
- University grades
As a qualitative part of Deloitte's recruitment process, our final candidates undergo a background check, to increase awareness of our future employees, secure the working environment for our employees and meet regulatory requirements. The background check process is carried out in collaboration with ToFindOut. https://tofindout.se/en/background-check/
Please feel free to reach out to Rasmus Öhman, Recruiter, by phone +46 70 080 32 19, if you have any questions regarding the recruitment process or the position.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. We do not just aspire to make solutions. We wish to create an impact that makes a positive and crucial difference for the people around us, our clients and our society. Deloitte is where you’ll find unlimited opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and related services. During its 175-year history, our organization has grown tremendously in both scale and capabilities. Deloitte currently has approximately 415,000 people in more than 150 countries and territories, and serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Yet, our shared culture and mission-to make an impact that matters-remains unchanged. This is evident not only in Deloitte’s work for clients, but also in our WorldClass ambition, our WorldClimate initiative and our ALL IN diversity and inclusion strategy.