Are you looking for a new challenge at on an international level? Worldline Sweden is looking for a new Product Manager based at their Stockholm office.Worldline is the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. Worldline delivers new-generation services, enabling its customers to offer smooth and innovative solutions to the end consumer. Key actor for B2B2C industries, with over 40 years of experience, Worldline supports and contributes to the success of all businesses and administrative services in a perpetually evolving market.Worldline offers a unique and flexible business model built around a global and growing portfolio, thus enabling end-to-end support. Worldline activities are organized around three axes: Merchant Services & Terminals, Mobility & e-Transactional Services, Financial Processing & Software Licensing. The global online payment solutions part of the business sits mainly within the Swedish office (Worldline Sweden), and goes under the Merchant Services & Terminals axe.Worldline employs more than 9,400 people worldwide and generated 1.5 billion euros revenues in 2017. Worldline is an Atos company. Mission
The Senior Product Manager will play a key role in defining and driving the product roadmap for the area they manage within OneCommerce Hub. The position will be responsible for working with sales and technology to build a product strategy and set ambitious goals to execute on. If you thrive in an international environment, love technology and get a kick out of commercially representing product, then this could be a great fit for you.
The position also includes leading an operational product team of product owners and business analysts (not as direct reports).
The role is based at our offices based on Textilgatan 31, Stockholm.Key responsibilities
Previous professional experience
- Define market, perform market sizing and identify market leadership and product opportunities.
- Identify key market segments, segment needs, and areas of high growth/high profit for Worldline to be a segment leader.
- Own, develop and drive the product roadmap
- Business Case Development: Work with Revenue Owners to create revenue estimates, business justifications and ROI for requested projects.
- Work with outward facing teams to provide updates on project and release status and communication of the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with sales teams to analyze the sales pipeline and identify potential roadblocks in the funnel.
- Develop a launch plan for significant product releases.
- Coordinate & execute the rollout plan and provide regular status updates on the launch activities.
- University degree or equivalent university education within IT, BA or other applicable areas
- 3+ years in a Product Management role
- Merited is a knowledge from the Online Payments Industry
- Experience in SaaS, eCommerce technology, or transaction based services
- Understanding international business and properties
- Well-developed meeting facilitation skills
- Experience with Agile Requirements Management tools (ex. Jira or similar)
- Experience in working with Case Studies/ Customer Success Stories etc
- An ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with others.
- Ability to plan and work with multiple parallel processes
- Problem solver with a “can do” attitude
- Strong verbal as well as written communicative skills in English
- Responsible and takes accountability
- Enjoy working in a multi-cultural, multi-national organization
Working at Worldline is above all choosing an exciting job with global career opportunities within the group. On top of that, we offer an international environment and the chance to work closely with people from different parts of the world (Europe, USA, and Brazil). You’ll also find a very good work-life balance and a competitive compensation package.Application and contact
We cooperate with KIMM for this recruitment and if you have further questions please contact recruitment consultant Sabina Axelsson (email@example.com) or Paul Sredojevic (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about this position. We review applications continuously so please submit your application in English as soon as possible, but no later than 2019-11-02. Please note that we do not accept email applications. Looking forward to hearing from you!