Take the opportunity to make a real difference - within our organization and in our joint work for a sustainable planet free from poverty.
On behalf of our client We Effect, we are now recruiting two Financial Controllers. The roles are based at the Head quarter in Stockholm and are responsible for financial reporting, analysis and follow-up of the accounting and financial reporting, as well as for budget/forecast process. You will act as support in financial issues - it will be an exciting journey for sure. This position reports to Group CFO.
In this role, you are employed by either We Effect or the sister organization Vi-Agroforestry, but you will provide support to both organizations.Main responsibilities:
Qualifications and experience:
- Providing support and capacity strengthening to the regions in financial issues.
- Reviewing and completing regions/countries' accounts
- Coordinating the budget/forecast process for the regions and global organisations.
- Preparing financial statements, budget reports, forecasts, cost analysis reports, profit and loss statements, as well as making recommendations for spending or cost cuts
- Contributing to the implementation of proper accounting methods, policies and principles in the regions.
- Responsible, in cooperation with the Regional Financial Controller(s), for the follow-up of the annual audit of the Regional / Country Offices and, when necessary, ensuring that measures are taken.
- Carrying out financial monitoring according to the decided yearly compliance and financial monitoring plan, as well as dealing with any deviations from the plan in association with the Compliance Controller.
- Following up on the recommendations of the compliance and financial monitoring of the Regional and Country Offices.
We are looking for a University graduate, with a degree in finance or a related field. A background in Financial Control, a minimum 5 years at a senior level. You have documented experience speaking and writing Swedish and English. Spanish is a great plus.
Travel will occur in this position and therefore you must have the possibility to being away about two weeks at a time about twice a year.Please note that the position requires that the candidate have permission to live and work in Sweden (i.e. hold an EU work permit).Personal characteristics:
What We Effect can offer you:We will give you the opportunity to make a real difference - within our organization and in our joint work for a sustainable planet free from poverty.
- Excellent analytical skills, capable of turning data into meaningful information and presentations, along with having a good understanding of general financial issues
- You demonstrate both flexibility and high integrity/ethics in dealing with internal and external counterparties as well as having the ability to set priorities and create focus on accomplishing set objectives
- Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to deliver to deadlines with a sense of urgency while retaining very good attention to detail/quality and acting in line with company policies
- Strong collaboration and communication skills - acting as a real team player with the ability to communicate at all levels.
We challenge the status quo and encourages innovation. Our values transparency, respect and together, guide us in our work and as colleagues forming our organisational culture. We are an intercultural organisation where diversity and inclusion are our corner stones. We welcome you as you are, and value a wide range of perspectives, experiences and networks and we strive for a workplace where you can bring your whole self to work. It is our belief that an inclusive workplace without discrimination of any kind, leads to more efficient relations and results with healthy, engaged, and growing co-workers.
We strive to have the best work environment and even if your main workplace for this position will be Stockholm, we offer flexible opportunities to mix working from office and home or elsewhere which we believe will improve work-life balance in many ways. We apply goal-oriented working time and offer 31 [35 for managers] days of paid annual leave.Location:
Stockholm, CityAbout We Effect
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
We Effect works in around 20 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa through our regional offices in partnership with local CSO's, farmer organisations, cooperative federations and other democratic organisations. For more information, see www.weeffect.se.Vi Agroforestry (Vi-skogen) is a Swedish development cooperation organisation, fighting poverty and working with sustainable agriculture and land management through agroforestry - growing trees alongside crops and livestock. We do this together with small-holder farming families and farmers' organisations in four countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda) in and near the Lake Victoria Basin in East Africa. Agroforestry provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and more income. Agroforestry also contributes to the mitigation of climate change and protects against the negative effects of climate change. Since its inception in 1983, Vi Agroforestry has reached over 2,3 million people through education, advisory and services.
In this recruitment process We Effect partner with Meritmind. For more information, please feel free to contact the responsible recruitment consultant at Meritmind, Susanne Areschoug
at 0701 660803
. Interviews and selection process will be ongoing, so please send us your application as soon as possible. The position is available to apply for as long as the ad is shown on our website.Consider this before you submit your application
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Your application shall not contain any personal data relating to civil status, family/children, ethnic origin, age, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sexual orientation.
- Make sure our name and contact information is included in your resume.
- It is only possible to attach one document, so please add your resume and your personal letter, if needed, as one file.
- Your application will be sent when you select the file and click Open.
Sökord: Controller, Financial Controller