Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We're the problem solvers and innovators that aren't afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We're all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.Job description:
Overview The world's leading specialty measurement company that cares about inclusion and diversity is seeking for an Area Sales Specialist
to support the very successful growth of our businesses across Northern Europe. Responsible for direct sales of our world-class analytical instruments. This person will be based out in Sweden and will be required to travel across their assigned region which includes other Nordic countries.
- Direct the sales of TA Instruments thermal analysis, rheology, microcalorimetry, and thermophysical systems to R&D labs, QC labs, academia and industrial sectors within assigned territory.
- Visit customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and training.
- Strive to pursue new business prospects and penetrate differentiating accounts.
- Communicate via email, social media, and phone with potential new customers and forward appropriate information to corresponding territory sales representative for follow-up.
- Work closely with TA Sales Representatives, Inside Sales team, and Regional Applications staff to discuss leads and research strategies on a weekly basis.
- Attend product related technical shows and other marketing related activities and represent company products and services.
- Submit accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts.
- Maintain customer information and in timely a fashion in the CRM system
*Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or other technical field.Experience:
- 2+ years' experience in capital equipment sales; prior thermal, rheology, microcalorimetry, or thermophysical properties experience highly desirable
- Proven ability to manage long term complex sales cycles
- Must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and be ultra-responsive to internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically including an effective telephone presence and professional email correspondence.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to prioritize activities that achieve sales goals, good time and territory management skills.
What we offer:
- Must possess a valid driver's license and credit card.
- Must be willing to travel 30%-50% of the job.
In addition to salary, we work flexibly and provide paid holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and private medical. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.