In a world where product size labels are wildly unreliable, Volumental is the footwear industry's leading FitTech company, using 3D scans and a one-of-a-kind, AI-powered recommendation engine to match everyone with the shoes that fit them best.
With top brand and retail partners across the world including New Balance, Bauer, The Athlete's Foot, Ecco and XXL, our footprint spans 2500+ stores across 45 countries, and growing!
We are now looking for an Engineering Manager to coach a group of highly skilled and friendly developers within front-end, mobile app and edge development. Your task will be to help people around you grow, and to foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion and craftsmanship. You will also collaborate with other people in the company to help us all work towards the same goals. Your days will include both leading and supporting others as well as getting your own hands dirty and helping out by writing code yourself.
You will report to the VP of Engineering alongside three fellow Engineering Managers.We want to work with you because you:
We expect you to:
- Care about those around you and want to see people grow
- Share what you know with others and are humble to learn new things
- Demonstrate transparency and honesty, without a need for prestige
- Enjoy working in a caring scale-up environment
Bonus - Don't let these stop you from applying, but if they fit you, please let us know!
- Have worked as a software engineer yourself
- Explain what makes you an appreciated collaborator
- Tell us why others consider you a good leader
- Recognise what makes a safe and encouraging work environment
What we can offer you:
- Know parts of the tech stack we are working with today, for example:
- Know your way around TypeScript and React
- Have found use in Python
- Can explain how a modern mobile app is developed
- Have worked as an Engineering Manager or in a similar role before
- A tech stack built in-house with little legacy code
- Freedom to grow in different directions
- Flexible work from home policy
- Opportunity to work with a great team of 20+ nationalities in our English speaking office
- Generous annual vacation and parental leave (for both men and women) following Swedish national standards
- Dog-friendly office
- Relocation support to Stockholm
Our recruitment process normally includes at least one opportunity for a face to face meeting, but in these times we have moved to virtual hiring and onboarding processes to respect social distancing. Should a candidate prefer to meet in person at the final stages of recruitment, we take all necessary precautions to ensure everyone's safety.
Our entire company has been to a large degree working remotely during this period, and we are confident about maintaining a creative and efficient environment while away from the office! However, as we do hope to return to the office eventually, you will need to relocate to Stockholm for this role.