Process Manager Patch Management
Do you want to lead the Vattenfall IT organization in managing vulnerabilities, hardening the landscape and ensuring the IT landscape is up-to-date? Are you a professional with strong risk awareness and convincing personal skills? Then this is your role!
The Systems Design and Processes department is looking for an experienced and ambitious Process Manager for Patch Management
with a strong interest to further strengthen our IT Patch Management/Quality function.
As Process Manager Patch, you will be deeply connected to the Change Management Process and participate in the Change Information Board meetings.
You will be the point of contact and the advisor to the organization, our management and employees regarding Patch Management. You strive for continuous improvement of the Patch Management process and ensure the connection/alignment to other IT Processes. You play a key role in reporting to the IT management about the IT Patch Management status and follow up actions. You are a thorough patch management professional and therefore advise the management of Vattenfall IT organization in decision making with implications to IT stability and security.Your job as Process Manager Patch Management
IT Patch Management is becoming increasingly important for Vattenfall operations due to increased digitalization, stability and security focus.
Your main activities will be:
- Lead the development of the patch management process and the implementation within Vattenfall
- Lead the Patch Management function and be responsible for adequate skill levels and performance of assigned staff
- Audit and manage the process lifecycle and report to senior management
- Continuously identify and implement process improvements
- Ensuring that the process documentation is up to date
- Connecting other ITIL Processes to Patch Management
- Evaluation of performance measures against the defined critical success factors and if necessary, take actions to correct deficiencies or further streamlining needs
- Prepare and monitor KPI reports and report Patch Management activities to senior management
- Improve the related reporting and evaluate the results to define areas to act
- Responsible for education of the Patch Management process and properly guide process participants (those who go through the process) in the Patch management process
- Share experience with and knowledge of Patch management principles, methodologies and tools
- You will work in close connection to the Change Management/Release and Deployment/Service Validating and Testing
Your profile as Process Manager Patch Management
You are passionate about enhancing security in a complex multi-vendor environment, you
have a pragmatic attitude and enjoy working in a dynamic and international environment. You apply a structured way of working and are effective in communication and conflict resolution.
You can ask critical questions, challenge the status quo and you strive for continuous improvement to protect out IT landscape.In addition you have/are:
Nice to have:
- An academic degree in a relevant field such as IT, business administration, or equivalent (have a long experience of working in IT operations).
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in IT operations, preferably in the field as a process manager, service manager and/or change manager. Having experience working with Patch Management is meritorious.
- ITIL Foundation
- Knowledge of the service transition, change, release, and/or patch management workflow and process KPI's
- Ability to successfully explain and guide people through the process and handle all level process issues
- Master English in both speaking and writing
- Certification/knowledge in MS: MCTS, MCITP
- Agile Scrum Foundation
- Swedish, German or Dutch languages are of added value
What do we offer?
We offer you a challenging international work environment and the opportunity to contribute to energy solutions (both traditional and sustainable) that are part of the European critical infrastructure. At Vattenfall you have the possibility to be part of development programs that are tailored towards your personal and professional growth. You will work with colleagues who are eager to support you and share their expertise.Location:
Amsterdam, Solna, Hamburg, Berlin Gliwice or KatowiceYou are welcome to submit your application along with a resume and a cover before 29 May 2022
We look forward to your application!For more information about the role
please contact Manager, Kerstin Eurenius, firstname.lastname@example.orgQuestions about the recruitment process
please contact recruiter - Anna Uppström, email@example.comTrade union representatives in Sweden
, Vatkovic Silvija (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO). They may all be reached via Vattenfall's switchboard +46 (0)8-739 50 00.Vattenfall is convinced that diversity leads to development. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age and ethnic and cultural backgroundSince Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure are many of our positions security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.