Do you like to work in the dynamic environment of the trading floor? Do you want to contribute to the success of the trading function using your analytical capabilities and commercial comprehension? In that case this job could be the right one for you.For our office in Stockholm we are looking for a Commodity/Nordic power (Junior) Trader in the Business Unit (BU) Trading.Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Commodity/Nordic power (Junior) Trader:
- Develop, execute, and monitor trading strategies in Nordic power and related commodity markets within given limits and guided by senior traders in order to create value to BU Trading
- Conduct market and making activities
- Keep track of the latest market developments and conduct commercially relevant fundamental and quantitative market analysis in cooperation with trading analysts and meteorologists
- Conduct relevant exchange trader examination(s)
- Be part of the Nordic trading desk and contribute to its commercial success.
Our ideal Commodity/Nordic power (Junior) Trader has the following qualifications and capabilities:
- Strong academic background with a Bachelor's degree or higher in, e.g., business, economics, engineering, natural sciences or other quantitative subject
- Work experience (up to 5 years) in the energy, banking or investment industry, ideally in a commercial or analytical environment, with demonstrable interest in markets and trading
- Experience in trading Nordic power and related commodity markets (continental power, gas, coal, EUAs, etc) is advantageous but not required
- Commercial mind-set with willingness to make decisions and take risks under uncertain or incomplete information
- Good statistical, analytical, and programming skills (ideally Python)
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken); Scandinavian language skills advantageous but not required
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders and the willingness to share knowledge
- Result oriented, independent, and structured working method with high reliability and readiness to take on responsibility
- Proactive team player with eagerness to learn.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure are many of our positions security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislationOur Organization:
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall's portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall's single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits.
We are active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group.
BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall's asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedge flows, from generation assets or customers, by our market access function.
Next to handling our flow business, BU Trading also has a proprietary mandate.More Information:
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Cheval Laurent, email@example.com, +46-76-2258277
For more information regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Anna Uppström, firstname.lastname@example.org
In Sweden, the union representatives are: Michelle von Gyllenpalm (Akademikerna), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO), Jens Morell (Unionen)We welcome your application including CV and cover letter through the portal no later than May 29!