Cloudiness MastermindOr like we call it: Senior Cloud Architect- Vattenfall IT
Some job titles can be misleading. Especially in the tech industry. That's why we offer clear titles all leading towards a clear goal: fossil free living within one generation.
Read more and join us on the way there:
https://careers.vattenfall.com/campaigns/epic-titles/Do you want to contribute to power climate smarter living by designing innovative and secure cloud solutions?
As a Senior Architect you could be designing a solution for drone inspections on the high voltage grid using Microsoft Azure capabilities but also on solutions for optimizing the processes towards our external workforce. It is that large variety of projects that makes this position so interesting and relevant. Next to projects it could also be that as an Architect you need to work on strategic topics and develop technology roadmaps.Your main responsibilities:
- You will assist us in our digital transformation by guiding, governing and designing cloud / infrastructure related designs for new (cloud-native) applications as well as existing applications to MS Azure
- You will help us grow our central cloud platform and establish standards and architecture principles.
Our team of around 30 architects is involved in around 180 key projects at any one time, often acting as the 'spider in the web' to understand business needs and to see the bigger picture to help our teams securely adopt the technologies of tomorrow.
As such you'll be developing hybrid and enterprise-grade platform solutions in Microsoft Azure, SAP ERP, Kafka, and many other business specific solutions to accelerate digitalisation. Our architects do not just understand the IT, but also have a good understanding of the core business processes of the business areas you will be working with, whether that's Heat, Distribution, Wind or Customer focussed units.Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a Senior IT Architect that has worked in (Cloud) architecture for several years and is able to quickly oversee IT landscapes and impact of decisions. You feel comfortable communicating with both IT and non-IT colleagues on different levels in the organisation. You enjoy being in an ever-changing environment. Furthermore you bring:
- An academic degree in IT or related study
- Experience with networking, security, identity concept in Azure
- Experience with architecture guidance for migrating enterprise applications to Azure
- Hands on experience with MS preview services in her/his current or previous company would be a. pre
- Skills to produce enterprise ready architecture documents
for this position you can choose to be based Sweden (Solna); The Netherlands (Amsterdam) or Germany (Hamburg, Berlin) You will be expected to travel approximately a few days per month between these locations.Our Offer
- We offer a challenging and international work environment and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field.
- You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues
- A professional environment where your experience, knowledge and attitude will bring us one step further and the opportunity for you to grow further.
- A central office location with easy access by public transport.
- Furthermore, a healthy work-life balance (smart working) and time to develop your profession
- At Vattenfall you get the opportunity to work for a clean energy company that aims for creating fossil free energy within one generation.
- And last but not least; International and multi-cultural work environment with energetic, motivated colleagues that like to have fun as well!
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.More information
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via our website - Senior Cloud Architect - Vattenfall, no later ten may 31st 2022. For information about the position, please contact recruiting manager Emile Das, +31 6 5250 4359. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Recruiter Folmer Koper +31 6 38710915.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. We continue to seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Since Vattenfall is a part of the Swedish critical infrastructure, many of our services are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates might be subjected to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.