Your role as Global Director of People Operations
Within this new role at Utopia Music, you will design, lead and grow the People Operations function and report directly to the Chief People Officer. Today the team currently consists of
4 but will grow shortly to around 8-10 team members over the next year.
The role requires someone that can switch between people strategy and operational responsibilities. There will be a large amount of strategy and change management involved as existing processes are simplified and new processes are automated and brought to life, all in service of delivering a best-in-class employee experience.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to shape and implement the effective and efficient delivery of employee lifecycle processes, people operations and employee relations services.
Also deliver key processes and metrics that reliably measure employee- and organizational outcomes. Topics you will focus on are; employee lifecycle processes, employee engagement, retention, performance management, policy implementation and management, learning & development, compliance, on- and offboarding, HRIS, immigration, data analytics and reporting, payroll and leadership.
The ideal candidate lives in Europe and has experience working for an international fast pace, scale-up organisation as an international People Operations leader. You know how to manage the dynamics of an international organization, including the technical and legal complexities that come with a cross-border footprint. Experience in building, managing and growing this department from scratch is important as well as working with Workday the preferred HRIS system, to be tech savvy will come in handy.
You have a drive, used to work under pressure and ready to make things happen while passionate about driving operational excellence and supporting key initiatives across the company with a focus on enabling strategic outcomes.
VITRU | International Executive Recruitment is exclusively assisting Utopia Music to recruit the best candidate for this crucial role.Your responsibilities are
Our new Global Director of People Operations
- Build and lead a best-in-class Global People Operations team strategy and operating model, providing leadership to the team.
- Develop and manage a quality People Operations infrastructure, developing our global shared services infrastructure, immigration, global mobility, compliance, and policy development and administration.
- Optimize, implement and maintain all People Team systems, tools, and data.
- Take ownership of the operational delivery of people services, ensuring we are compliant with local legislation and reactive proactively to any changes with future legislation.
- Lead and own all operations-related diligence and integration activities of M&A Design.
- Partner with People Team leadership to keep track of, report on and drive meaningful insights and actions around metrics related to talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, retention, etc
- Develop a key performance indicators (KPI) dashboard and competitive insights for use by the People Team leaders to measure and communicate progress against the business and People Strategy.
- Guide a best-in-class employee experience from onboarding to offboarding and almost every touchpoint an employee has with the People function in between.
- Partner cross-functionally to assess existing People programs, processes, and practices. Identify gaps and inefficiencies and drive innovative solutions to enhance the employee experience.
- Own the development of human resources policies and procedures, maintaining compliance with employment-related laws and regulations.
- Provide strategic leadership for the expansion, improvement and management of people operations.
What's in it for you?
- At least 8+ years of People Operations experience in a fast growing environment, of which a number of years in a leading role and in an international environment.
- Experience across multiple European/ global countries is essential.
- Experience with EMEA/ global employment practices, compliance, and operations.
- Experience and knowledge of implementing and working with a HRIS systems and proven ability to improve and streamline processes between systems. Workday is preferred.
- Data driven mindset, experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms is required; Technological savvy.
- Experience building technology and people operations compliance programs and processes.
- Experience in leading and implementing exceptional people/HR operations functions that have a focus on balancing high performance and scalable processes with an exceptional (and human) customer service approach.
Music is what brings us together!
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Utopia Music offers you a challenging position with good career prospects in a fast- growing international company.
- We offer a very competitive remuneration package, stock options and a bonus.
- Working in an impact oriented team and inclusive company culture.
- Flexible remote policy provides the freedom to work either from one of our offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international- and multicultural company.
The open secret is that the music industry is struggling with the very basics of music accounting: What was played, when and where? Who should get paid and how much?
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry's full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.How to Apply
If you are interested and you meet all the above requirements please send your English resume via the application form to VITRU, The European Executive Recruitment Firm. For more information about this position, please contact Guy Laeven at VITRU via +31 6 19 79
80 68 (www.vitru-hr.com).
Agency calls are not appreciated.