We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We enable people to use business applications at work or at school with the latest technologies and trends. That is why we create business software that fits the way people work and not the other way around. Help us be the best and join us.
The License Compliance Specialist is responsible for creating and driving License Compliance activities across UNIT4's customers to identify opportunities to increase license and recurring revenue streams.
The Global License Compliance program within Unit4 has been established to maximize the value on existing client contracts and to ensure consistency in approach across product lines and regions. The aim is always to achieve a positive outcome where fair value has been paid for the license and both parties have complete confidence in the contract.
This rapidly growing team is looking for new members who are detail oriented and able to combine strong technical, legal, organizational, and negotiation skills to protect Unit4's intellectual property while fostering and strengthening customer relationships. Specifically, the Compliance Manager is responsible for systematically engaging customers who utilize Unit4's software to ensure that the customer's use of the software is within its licensed software entitlements.
This position is located in Stockholm/Solna, Frösundavik and reports to Global Head of Reveneu Assurance.What you will do
- Develop, maintain, and execute a product or regional specific compliance engagement strategy and process that balances the protection of Open Text intellectual property, customer relationships, revenue recovery, and other cross functional needs
- Develop and maintain related product use questionnaires to be used during compliance assessments.
- Review the effectiveness of compliance tools and drive the development of new features and functionality as necessary in order to improve compliance coverage.
- Identify internal key team members (and maintain these relationships) who will contribute specific technical expertise (database queries, custom reports, product understanding, etc.) for customer compliance assessments.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to assess product, contract, and relationship specific risk factors for each customer engagement. Analyze contractual, financial, and other documentation to understand customer entitlements.
- Manage customer engagements with primary responsibility for all phases of assessment from initial interactions to close-out of each assessment.
- Negotiate appropriate resolution of non-compliance issues directly with customer and internal stakeholders.
- When needed, engage 3rd party audit resources to conduct audits and maintain effective relationships with these external executing parties.
- Support customer and internal requests for information related to licensing of Unit4 software products.
- Maintain an appropriate communication plan with business management and key stakeholders to inform them with details of upcoming audits and assessment results.
- Experience in software industry with both technical and contractual exposure.
- Excellent contract interpretation, negotiation skills, and direct customer facing experience are core to this role.
- Extremely strong organization and productivity skills to seamlessly manage multiple complex engagements simultaneously.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required. English is a must. Any other language skill is a plus.
- Strong understanding of software technology, licensing, and controls with ability to understand and interpret nuances of software license agreements and contracts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required; attentiveness to detail.
- Comfortable working across all business functions at every level from individual contributor to C-Level executives.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to lead, influence, and team with others.
- Professionally persistent, patient, respectful, honest, and strong under pressure, especially during occasional adversarial conversations.
- Up to 10% travel required.
You will participate in the creation of business software that fits the way people work. You will get personal and professional growth. Furthermore enthusiastic colleagues across teams who are keen on working with you and sharing their knowledge and expertise. Our work environment gives a high level of flexibility and independence.