The Bid Manager will assemble a bid team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. The Bid Manager is typically responsible for managing an opportunity from qualification through to contract award, including value proposition / strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations and risk management. Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes. A significant part of the role involves bid writing skills, tailoring of written responses and business case within the proposal. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and commercial skills.Skills / Experience
The candidate we are looking for have +8 years proven capability in delivering winning, multi-million-pound product or complex services opportunities. Ideally candidate has a background in solutions and services and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery. You can provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions, and solution design. Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills.
You are are able to compose compelling written responses. You are comfortable working at CEO / Director Level. You have the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities. Furthermore a solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures. Proactive approach to identifying bid pipeline with Sales Directors and highlighting trends and lessons learnt to feed into product / service improvements.Responsibilities
- Manage the bid pipeline with Sales Directors
- Manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities
- Manage the bid response using Loopio
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, pre-sales, professional services, commercial and legal
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- Track and manage risk throughout the bid process
- Contribute to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of an executive summary and aligning our proposal to customer objectives)
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Attend customer facing bid presentations where necessary
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
- APMP Practitioner or Professional level.
A chance to participate in the development of one of the best ERP solutions in the world. You will get continuous training on products and competences. You will grow professonally and personal. You will have enthusiastic colleagues across teams who are keen on working with you and sharing their knowledge and expertise. In this role you will have a high level of flexibility and independence, great compensation and an attractive workenvironment.