Thermo-Calc Software is seeking a Technical and Marketing Writer to join our growing Stockholm office. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in technical writing and content management with experience or a keen interest in marketing writing. The job involves writing and researching technical topics, managing content, coordinating with various specialists and creating marketing materials.Responsibilities
- Coordinate and collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) in the software and database development teams to gather information and develop content used in both technical and marketing documentation.
- Work with the Senior Technical Writer and SMEs to coordinate, update, and develop the technical documentation. The customer documentation includes user and installation guides, online help, release notes, presentations, educational material, etc.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Specialist to develop relevant marketing materials in the form of newsletters, press releases, case studies, presentation materials, ads, release notes, product descriptions, etc.
- Edit and/or write white papers, case studies and other content marketing on topics related to computational materials engineering and materials design.
- Occasionally edit and/or write book chapters, research reports, and grant applications.
- Assist with digital marketing campaigns and other marketing activities as needed.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a technical and/or marketing writing role. Interest and curiosity with respect to science and engineering is crucial. Some familiarity with materials science, chemistry, physics or similar is a bonus.
Skills that are a Bonus
- Minimum of five years of technical or marketing writing experience and/or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Speak and write fluent English at a very high level.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- You are positive, self-motivated, and adaptable.
- Comfortable learning new software tools.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented.
- Managing technical documentation in an online authoring tool such as MadCap Flare or Adobe Technical Communication Suite (e.g. FrameMaker, Acrobat, and RoboHelp).
- Using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Developing newsletters or other digital marketing.
- Working in WordPress and using social media.
Thermo-Calc Software is an attractive employer who offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as a stimulating work environment with colleagues from all over the world. Our head office in Stockholm has a light and modern environment and is within walking distance to local amenities and transportation hubs including Solna Station.
Our company values a spirit of teamwork and inclusiveness where we all work together to create the best possible products and services for our users. In addition to standard benefits, we offer all employees:
About Thermo-Calc Software
- A comprehensive health and benefits package that includes extended health coverage, regular health checks, wellness grant, occupational pension, and a generous bonus system.
- Continuing educational and professional opportunities for personal skill development.
- A flexible work schedule.
Thermo-Calc Software develops software for computational materials engineering. Our software products are used both for fundamental research in material science and for industrial applications in, for example, the design of new alloys, optimisation of processing conditions and failure analysis. Our flagship product, Thermo-Calc, is licensed to over 1300 organisations in more than 70 countries. The company headquarters are located in Stockholm and there is a fully-owned subsidiary of Thermo-Calc Software in Pittsburgh, USA. In addition, we have local representation through partnerships in several other countries. The company was founded in 1997 and currently has over 40 employees. More info on https://www.thermocalc.com/Our Company Values
Our values shape the culture and define the character of our company. They guide how we behave and make decisions. At Thermo-Calc Software we have three key values that express how we interact with clients, as well as colleagues throughout the organisation - regardless of status and geography. These are Commitment
- Commitment: To be committed and to keep commitments is crucial for Thermo-Calc Software’s reputation as a reliable supplier who offer good value to the customer.
- Cooperation: Within Thermo-Calc Software we realize the power of teamwork and value a supportive attitude amongst colleagues and towards clients.
- Fairness: At Thermo-Calc Software we believe in fair play. We are honest to ourselves and others and work actively to seek win-win solutions. We make sure to treat others in the same way as we ourselves would like to be treated.
We kindly request that you send your personal application and CV via the ad on Roi Rekrytering (https://roirekrytering.se/). Press “LEDIGA JOBB” for applying for this service. Application via email is not accepted
. Your application must be sent in by 2020-01-17
at the latest. Any questions will be answered by Ana Acosta at Roi Rekrytering, firstname.lastname@example.org.