Overview of the position
As a controller you will be one of the Tenure Facility’s main resources for assessment, monitoring and internal control of the projects and partners to which the Tenure Facility provides funding. You will support and work closely with, the Project Controller team, the Programs team and the Finance Manager. You will report to the Chief Financial Officer. The position involves in-country visits to project partners a few times a year. As a vital member of a fast growing organization you will:
- Contribute to establish the Tenure Facility as a highly credible and respected foundation among international development institutions and donors
- Generate mutual trust and respect of Local Communities and Indigenous Peoples and their cultures, with full awareness of the intricacies of relationships among them and their allies and supporters
- Contribute to a collaborative and resilient internal working culture for sustained progress on the Tenure Facility’s strategic goals and objectives
In your role as a Controller you will be highly involved in all things concerned within risk management, financial reporting and audits, capacity building and compliance. Some of your tasks are:
Qualifications and experience
- Perform risk assessments of partners regarding financial management and internal control and participate in quality assurance of project proposals and assist in preparation of project agreements.
- Analyse and assess grant budgets in project proposals Financial reporting and audits
- Monitor and analyse financial reports submitted by the project partners
- Coordinate and ensure capacity building within partner organizations on internal control, organisational management and financial issues
- Ensure compliance with relevant internal control regulations and adherence to anticorruption policies
- Provide training and advice to partners and to colleagues on the above topics and on anti-corruption in general
- You hold a bachelor degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Statistics, Finance, Economics or other relevant field.
- Around 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, the working language of the Tenure Facility’s
- Fluency in Spanish, French, Portuguese, or other relevant language is highly meritorious
- Excellent skills in working with MS Office
We are a diverse team with broad and complementary language skills, professional experiences and geographical and thematical backgrounds.Preferred characteristics
You have a genuine interest in the civil society sector and thrive in a multi-cultural environment. You can communicate and clearly explain financial matters. As a person you are ambitious and enjoy learning and working independently as well as in teams. You like to take initiatives and are able to drive processes and improvements independently. You are also an excellent co-worker and responsive to the needs of project partners.About The Tenure Facility
Indigenous peoples and local communities live in more than half of the world´s land area yet they legally own less than 10% of their territories. Securing their land and forest rights enables them to have the cultural and economic independence to thrive and continue to protect systems vital to our global climate, fresh water, and food security. The International Land and Forest Tenure Facility (Tenure Facility) offers grants and technical expertise at the speed and scale required to secure tenure and sustainably manage millions of hectares at risk today. The Tenure Facility works directly with the Indigenous Peoples and local communities and their allies ensuring laws on community rights are translated into rights recognition on the ground. It supports them to achieve formal legal recognition of their land and forest rights on maps, in laws, and in the plans and operations of governments and private investors. It works strategically with local, national, and international stakeholders to foster community-level partnership and joint action with governments and the private sector.
The Tenure Facility is an international organization based in Stockholm, Sweden.
The Tenure Facility has a secured multi-year funding and the Secretariat, with around 20 staff, is therefore looking forward to adding another Controller.Terms of employment
The position refers to full-time permanent positions with six months’ probation period. Starting date as agreed. Salary by agreement.How to apply
The Tenure Facility is collaborating with EQonomy/Wise professionals in this recruitment. If we’ve caught your interest - Please apply through the button below where you’ll be asked to submit your CV or LinkedIn profile. We value your privacy and handle all personal information according to GDPR - which is also why we can’t handle any applications via email.
If you advance through the process, you’ll get to do our tests. We are gathering as much information as possible in the beginning of the process to be able to provide an objective, fair and precise selection process as possible. During the summer there will be a pause in the process for vacations which will result in slower response time and we thank you in advance for your understanding of this. If you got any questions regarding this recruitment please contact the recruiter in charge, Jonatan Lundberg, through Jonatan.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are really looking forward to your application!