My name is Markus Bylund and I am leading a team of Transmission Engineers.
Right now, we are looking for a new colleague to join our team within IP Networks & Transport
We work in a cross-border organization in the Nordics and Baltics and provide technical support to multiple business units related to DWDM, OTN, Microwave, Optical fibers and TDM networks.
We are on a digital transformation journey and to reach our targets on efficiency, time to market and scalability we need to change the way we build and operate our networks.
By building a new disaggregated Open Optical Networks, going from manual handling to automated processes we will reduce our lead time during deployment, 1st Line Customer Care and in Operation. Creating time to focus on development and new ways of working.
You will find a various number of interesting tasks if you join our team!Your next challenge?
As a Transmission DevOps Engineer you will be breaking new grounds in our ambition to automate the way we operate and run our Transmission networks.
Utilizing Data and Analytics to better understand our networks and how to prioritize our daily job. Connecting our various Network Management-, Inventory- and Fault Management Systems into an Orchestration environment where automation can take place.
You will engage with our internal organisations like LCM & Development, Planning, Deployment, Operation and Customer Care but also with our equipment suppliers.Who are you?
- We are looking for a person with a genuine interest in telecommunication, with a mindset that automation is our way forward;
- You take ownership and come to solutions by interacting and working with your colleagues and stakeholders;
- You derive the development of how we operate our networks, have an analytical way of working, finding and solving problems in an efficient way;
- You are eager to learn and adopt to new things and ways of working.
What will you find at our home?
- You have working experience at a Telecommunication company with transmission networks;
- Technical university degree within relevant area is great advantage;
- You have knowledge of scripting, data wrangling and are familiar with network protocols like TL1, SNMP, NETCONF and RESTCONF;
- You have knowledge of Open Optical Networks and SDN controllers and how they interact by using open APIs and standards defined in ONF, Open Config and Open ROADM;
- You are comfortable in working internationally and handle English fluently, both in spoken and written form.
We believe that people thrive in a purpose driven and values-oriented culture. Welcome to Telia the home to your next big opportunity. You will be part of an exciting journey to shape the New Generation Telco and we promise to help you grow, both professionally and personally. We believe in self-leadership where you take responsibility for expressing yourself and achieving great results. IT & telecommunications is not just our business, it's our passion. You will join a winning team, to work with talented people and help create ideas and solutions for efficient business and better lives.
For each employee Telia has additional employee benefit package which includes:
Information for Lithuanian applicants only:
- Health insurance and pension plans;
- Various Telia and partners discounts and offers;
- Additional vacation days;
- Flexibility that enables work-life balance;
- Chance to grow both personally and professionally with our internal programs;
- Open, relaxed and fun working environment;
- +19 000 awesome colleagues across Nordic & Baltics.
Local labor legislation requires us to provide a salary range for this position. Please observe that this range only applies for Lithuania-based applicants that are hired in a Lithuanian location. For candidates from other countries, local ranges will apply. Monthly base salary for this position is from 2070 Eur to 3100 Eur (gross) depending on your experience.It's more than just a job!
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.Interested?
If you fancy joining my team, apply for the job! If you want to know more, call me on +46 70 248 81 10 or reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection is ongoing, so do not hesitate to get in touch.
We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We are not able to handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent. Selection will take place on an ongoing basis and this position might be filled before the application deadline.Welcome to Telia - Home to your next big opportunity!