The media landscape is changing swiftly and we at TV4 media are in the limelight. "Viewers" are moving from traditional TV into a new world of digital and interactive services, becoming "Users". Today our streaming services CMore, TV4play and Telia Play engage hundreds of thousands of users every night.
I'm Sara Hedenström and I lead the Web and Apps department in the Tech Team here at TV4 Media. I'm looking for a Manager leading one of the app teams (Android) in my organization. I would like to grow my internal leadership team but mainly I need someone to take on the people role and drive prioritization within the Android team. You will work closely with me, other leads, developers, product owners and UX. This is an awesome opportunity if you love being part of a great team spirit who accomplish great stuff together.
You will lead a skilled team of developers creating beautiful streaming app experiences across the Android based ecosystems. Many of our users are enjoying our content through their Android devices. Your team works with the latest technology, such as Kotlin, Coroutines, Android jetpack, Firebase Config, Firebase Crashlytics, Github Actions and GraphQL within all screen sizes; from mobile to the living-room TV. Since we deeply care about the user experience, we believe that you do too. In this role, you will be responsible for the technical development as well as for the end-user experience through the apps under your teams' wings.Is this your next opportunity?
Do you, as I do, enjoy instant consumer feedback on your work? Through the work we do during the day, we get feedback from its effects on hundreds of thousands of users the same night. To run a popular streaming service a lot of pieces need to come together. At TV4 media we are part of all steps in the media creation process, from idea to stream.
Owning the team backlog and encouraging People development and team well-being - the two latest would be your main focus. You will also be responsible to staff the team with the right competence and mindset in collaboration with people around you. Setting and communicating the teams priorities, together with stakeholders balancing effort spent across product improvements customer-facing issues and technical debt. As your help to deliver, you have your team members, Tech Lead, your peers, Team Product owner and UX who drives to build the best Nordics streaming service. Are you up for a really inspiring challenge? Join us!
What You'll Do:
Is this you?
- Lead a group of developers, as their closest manager, through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Drive our delivery and delivery culture with the team. Coach the team agile rituals though grooming, planning, execution and shipping
- Drive/coach the teams cross-team collaboration and deliveries.
- Visualize plans and deliveries for stakeholders
- Together with the team own and drive shipped quality, all aspects from code quality to high availability in production
- Track/follow-up/plan production related bugs and activities.
It's more than just a job!
- a curious and humble leader with an eager to explore and learn new things
- a structured visionary that can coach and inspire the team to success of both short- and long-term goals
- a coach for the team members, that can help individuals excel in their work
- passionate about streaming services and not afraid to roll up your sleeves to make us improve
- a communicator capable of describing and explaining techy things to non-tech stakeholders
- likely a leader from another agile organization where you've seen the values of agile development and continuous improvement to create highly effective teams
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.Location:
TV4 Media offers a modern workplace, both in terms of the physical premises as well as working methods. We are based in Stockholm and Gothenburg, where you will be based in our office in Stockholm in modern facilities.Interested?
If you fancy joining our team, don't hesitate to apply! If you want to know more about the job you are welcome to contact me at email@example.com, or LinkedIn.
We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We are not able to handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent. Selection will take place on an ongoing basis and this position might be filled before the application deadline. Last day to apply is 2022-05-31Welcome to TV4, at Telia company - Home to your next big opportunity!