Want to give it a Go
Do you want to work with streaming services that reach millions of users every night? Are you thrilled by the challenges of transaction intense systems? Are you intrigued by systems designed to manage both heavy continuous load and sudden spikes? Do you get going when you need to try unconventional methods and your creativity to solve complex problems? If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!Is this your next opportunity?
My team and I are looking forward to onboard an enthusiastic colleague who has the burn and motivation to strengthen our Content and Features Team as an integration and backend developer.
We work in cross-functional teams, mainly in mob programming constellations. To us mob programming has proved to be a great way to try bold new things and to quickly become productive, even if languages and environments are not the ones you natively master or maybe haven't even tried before.
By solving problems together, your individual development becomes part of the group's development.Is this you?
You will work in a small team of knowledgeable colleagues responsible of a microservice architecture for content services built in Go/Golang.
Your personal competencies:
- We design, implement, test, document and deploy, as part of a CD pipe, often several times a day. "You think it, you sketch it, you build it, you run it".In addition to this, secure design is important, as our services are exposed to various and constant attempts of intrusion and traffic attacks.
- We primarily use unit-testing to validate our code.
- You have the ability to see the big picture, anticipate the problem together with the team/individually and solve the problem effectively
- You are result oriented - should be able to plan and achieve goals and continuously seek for ways to establish credibility, trust, and influence others to develop new relationships or strengthen existing ones
- To us humbleness, ability to share/teach and learn from others and flexibility are important. In practice this means that your genuine interest to try new tools, languages and tech together with team is essential.
- We value your curiosity and your eager to learn.
It's more than just a job!
- Present key technologies are Go, AWS, noSQL, SQL, Redis, microservice patterns, streaming media. If you already have experience in Go and/or streaming, it is a big plus. You likely have a few years' experience from some of these technologies
- Development experiences from other transaction intense businesses (finance, gambling etc) are usually beneficial
- From a programming language point of view, C experience will be meriting
- We see the tech stack and our development domain as something quickly evolving where we need to stay progressive and bold to be able to find the best solutions.
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.Interested?
If you fancy joining our team, don't hesitate to apply! If you want to know more about the job you are welcome to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We are not able to handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent. Selection will take place on an ongoing basis and this position might be filled before the application deadline. Last day to apply is the 24th of September.Welcome to Telia - Home to your next big opportunity!