Company description:Job Title: R&D Chemist I - Marsta, SwedenWELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep - our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.Job description:Position summary:
This position is accountable for contributing to the assessment, development, reformulation, quality, maintenance and enhancement of products through planning, executing and analysis of experiments with clear and accurate results. Under general supervision, the R&D Chemist is responsible for conducting chemical studies, experiments on organic and inorganic compounds and materials, analyses and tests, which require technical knowledge and techniques in projects regarding company research, production or operation. This includes processing and adherence to sound economic advantages. The products developed and/or enhanced will be consistent in performance and quality. Advanced technologies will be utilized to develop these products that demonstrate improvements and a difference that the consumer can perceive and will desire.Essential functions:
Required profile:Position challenges:
- Contributes to solution of problems/development and maintenance of products/processes.
- Using known principles/procedures, designs executes and analyzes experiments.
- Organizes materials or tools by gathering ingredients/acquiring raw materials and preparing for application processes.
- Maintains a traceable history of analysis so others can access it and understand it.
- Develops basic technical, company and industry knowledge.
- Learns problem-solving/decision making skills.
- Manage workload through planning execution, analysis, and documentation of results.
- Fully understands processes by which results are produced.
- Operates under sustained supervision. Supervised informational contact with suppliers/customers.
- Plans (resource needs), schedules, execute work, analyze and apply results in solution of complex problems.
- May be required to help train and/or direct, check work of team.
- Comply with, and display knowledge of, all safety and security regulations.
- Maintain a clean work area.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Accountable for the solution of complex technical problems (product/process) and demonstrating significant knowledge and use of chemicals, raw materials, substrates, and instruments.
- Accountable for providing timely and accurate solutions to multiple company problems of moderate complexity.
- Consistently produces quality work, and strives for improvement in all aspects of the work.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS1.Formal Education:
- Makes technical decisions and recommends/alters project path.
- Suggest ways to solve problems, improve paint, and develop methods for validation and investigations.
- Convince group leader/peers to support an idea or plan (using technical knowledge).
Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Science.2.Knowledge & Experience:
- Formulating experience in Coatings
- Demonstrates knowledge of instrument capabilities/limitations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of various technologies and materials.
- Has broad awareness of division business knowledge (including raw materials market, technology development/trends/brands/products, attributes and competitors) and anticipates market trends.
- Is aware of the global impact their work has.
- Preferred: Several years formulating experience in Coatings
- 3.Technical/skill Requirements:
Basic mathematics skills, including proficiency in conversions.
* Demonstrates statistical analysis required for method development.
Maintains computer efficiency and proficient in using software programs such as Color eye, Electronic Bench Record (EBR), Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint, Product Vision, QAD, Word and the Internet.
What we offer:**Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**Basic Qualification
- Problem solving abilities and technical creativity.
- Demonstrates interpretation skills.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.Equal Opportunity
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.