Today, more than ever, independent journalism plays a very important role in society and now we are looking for designers that can help us to keep delivering news to our users in Norway and Sweden.
Schibsted not only owns the leading newspapers in Scandinavia - Aftenposten and VG in Norway and Aftonbladet and Svenska Dagbladet in Sweden - but also a number of regional news brands like Bergens Tidene and Stavanger Aftenblad.
At Schibsted News we are a large bunch of designers that are proud of being part of strengthening democracy in Scandinavia and we are all working on different aspects of a media company. You will be a part of this extended and super experienced team and in this team we share knowledge, meet at UX gatherings, run collaborative design critique sessions and meet up for social events.
But most importantly in your daily work, you will be part of smaller cross-functional teams that are responsible for different experiences like for example podcasts and video.Core responsibilities
In this role you are mainly responsible and own our key design initiatives for our video and podcast experiences for our media consumers in Schibsted Media's different touchpoints. Your work will impact the way the Scandiavian news consumer experiences both audio and video. You will work with small multi-disciplinary teams and you'll partner closely with engineering and product colleagues to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
You have a broad range of skills and are able to do multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches, prototypes and put emphasis on polishing the visual components.
This role is quite versatile and you need to have a broad understanding of all the aspects of developing and designing features both for mobile apps and web. You will be the voice of the customer and be fully knowledgeable in how your design impacts the user experience.
In this position you also need to be on top of the latest trends when it comes to consuming video, web tv and podcasts.
You will work closely with the app designers and with the different newspapers' brand teams to understand the business needs and the end-users' needs.
You will be expected to conduct product specific user research to validate design and concepts, for example through interviews and usability testing. You will of course get support and help from the user research team. You will be able to do sparring and get feedback from the research team. Together with the product managers you will evolve the products and experimentation will be a natural part of your design process.Skills
- You believe in a user-driven design process and you understand the value of user research
- You have a strong passion for design
- You have a strong visual and aesthetic design skills to create enjoyable user interfaces across platforms and audiences, always striving for better, simpler and more engaging user interfaces
- You have a understanding of usability and user experience principles
- You have attention to details and the ability to multitask
- You are an open-minded team player, passionate and the way you work energizes others
- You are not afraid of sharing ideas
- You have worked in cross functional teams and believe that success is achieved through the combination of different skills
What We Offer
- You have a bachelor or masters degree in design or similar
- More than 3 years of work experience as Visual designer or UX designer with visual skills
- Visual design portfolio representing work conducted for various different platforms & devices
- Deep knowledge from both designing for Android & iOS as well as for responsive web
- Expert understanding of communication and visual design principles
- Strong understanding of usability and user-centered design practices
- We are a fantastic bunch of design colleagues that want to work with you
- We invest in growing you and your competence by letting you spend 10% of your working time to develop and will offer you a yearly conference budget
- At our offices we run multiple internal learning sessions, breakfast seminars, Schibsted Talks with complimentary lunch and other fun events
- You will work with a great set of tools
- Being part of a passionate and professional team producing impactful products
- Competitive salary adjusted to your level of competence and experience
- Insurance and pension schemes
If you wish to apply for this role, please send us with the following:
As a part of this process, we will conduct a background check on the final candidate.