Do you want to design the user experience at Sweden's biggest news destination?
As a Visual designer at Aftonbladet you will be responsible for creating the visual design for the desktop and mobile experience, on all platforms. You will join a talented and enthusiastic team with a great drive to build and experiment to deliver Aftonbladet's journalism in the best possible way for our users.
You are a great team player with a positive attitude, curious, and enjoys challenges as well as working with a well established journalistic product.
Aftonbladet is the biggest news source in Sweden with more than 3.5 million people engaging on a daily basis. Aftonbladet is renowned for its groundbreaking independent journalism and commitment to offer an engaging news experience to our users. This requires dedication and a continuous investment in user insights and new user experiences, a marathon in a changing market where user needs and behaviors rapidly shift. We are now ready to take the next step to make Aftonbladet a smarter and more relevant product, this is why we are strengthening our product team with a visual designer.About you:
- Have the ability to work hypothesis-driven when designing concepts and testing mockups - translating accumulated knowledge into prototypes and final design.
- Can produce multiple designs and collaborate with team members to create designs for different platforms and devices.
- Develop and maintain the visual identity in the form of design principles, brand assets, and style guide.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management and engineering to ensure successful product development.
- Have a passion for digital products, technology, creativity, and an openness to new design ideas.
- Have an appetite for learning and developing yourself as a part of an enthusiastic team, working together to build the best Aftonbladet for tomorrow!
- You have a passion for design and have a systematic approach to documenting your work.
- You have strong visual and aesthetic design skills and are able to create an enjoyable experience across platforms and audiences - always striving for better, simpler, and more beautiful user interfaces.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- You are an open-minded team player, passionate and the way you work energizes others.
- Experienced working closely with engineering, product management, strategy, interaction design, and user research teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Swedish.
- You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done.
- 5+ years of design experience.
- Portfolio with examples of your approach to interaction design and visual design work for different platforms and devices.
- Deep knowledge of native mobile UI patterns (Android and iOS) as well as responsive web
- Expert understanding of design patterns and creating style guides.
- Expert understanding of communication and visual design principles.
- Strong understanding of usability and user-centered design practices.
- Working in larger companies is a plus.
- Experience in building or contributing to design systems is a plus.