The Infrastructure Team acts as a backbone for any business. We are presenting you an opportunity to be part of an experienced team responsible for development, maintenance and operation for Schibsted servers, storage, cloud and databases. Working closely in collaboration, with network engineers and engaging with amazing internal customers along with providing you a platform to learn new technologies.
As a Systems Engineer you will work together with the infrastructure team in different areas in the hybrid cloud. You will make sure the infrastructure is working and is up-to-date with the newest technology and help our internal customers with their infrastructure needs.Your main responsibilities will be:
We offer you:
- Configuration and daily operation of our databases and servers in Sweden and internationally, both in public and private cloud as well as on-prem
- Plan, install, patch, upgrade, and troubleshoot related issues and find ways to improve our services
- Ensure that drawings and documentation are up to date
- Planning and architectural sessions. Identify gaps and areas of improvement
- Validate overall designs for availability, redundancy and business continuity
- Work proactively in regards to monitoring and maintenance planning
Required skills and expertise:
- The opportunity to work in a modern IT environment with a strong drive to innovate and automate technologically.
- An exciting role in one of the leading and growing media & technology companies in the Nordics
- Inclusive working environment and opportunities to take part in events, hackathons and after work fun activities
- Challenging projects which lead to growth opportunities
- Focus is on YOU. Work Closely with your Manager in creating Personal development plan
- Experience and knowledge within a mixed IT infrastructure
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in databases Oracle, MS SQL , Linux, Windows and AWS
- Also some experience in MySQL, PostgreSQL, VMware, network storage, SANs
- Experience and understanding of other infrastructure parts such as networking, IT security, data centers
- Curious with a "willingness to learn" mentality
- Fluent in English
- Great team player
- DevOps mentality: automate everything!