As the largest media group in Scandinavia, our world-class media houses continue to shape the media landscape of today - and tomorrow. Schibsted owns the leading newspapers in Norway - Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende, Stavanger Aftenblad and VG and in Sweden - Aftonbladet and Svenska Dagbladet. Our publications are renowned for their exceptional journalism, high editorial independence and strong digital development.
At the heart of creating product offerings that engage 9M unique users per day are our editorial product & technology teams, who are in need of an experienced Product Analyst to ensure that we keep producing high quality products and editorial tooling for the future.
As a part of the Media Insights team, your primary goal as a Product Analyst will be to make sure the product teams are empowered by qualitative and quantitative insight in their development process. The team consists of two engineers and three analysts and is working across the entire news media organisation. Our main stakeholders are product development, user research and analytical teams.What you will do:
Who you are:
- Proactively contribute to our product development process by making sure it's aided with the right metrics, and backed by concrete user insight
- Work together with product teams and data engineers to implement, document, validate, and monitor logging and metrics close to our digital products.
- You will be the experimentation champion and will be coaching the teams in A/B testing and insights-driven product development
- Define common North Star performance metrics and dimensions for engagement across news media, from Schibsted News Media to individual project level.
- Support the decision making process at all levels of the organization
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or Economics, or similar
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong analytical and statistical analysis skills
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills (both written and verbal). Understanding spoken Norwegian or Swedish is a merit, but not a requirement
- You are experienced in using analytical tools, experimentation and techniques
- We use R / Python and a number of other leading analytical tools, such as Tableau, Snowflake, Amplitude etc. We always aim to use the right tool for the job.
- Previous experience within web behavioral analytics is strongly preferred
- Experience in working with both unstructured and structured data
- Strong proficiency with SQL required
- You are self organized, proactive and detail oriented
- Interested in news!