(Successful health & wellness product in SE+NO with +50.000 paying subscribers)
Now you have a chance to work with a successful and fun product within health & wellness!
Do you have a passion for helping people to have a healthy lifestyle, a passion for UX, visual design and creating digital services that stand out and make a difference? If so, this is the job for you!
We are looking for a product designer to join our team that's focussed on enabling a healthy lifestyle for Scandinavians. Team SHIP (Schibsted Health Integrated Product) is the team behind building the shared product for the subscription-driven weight-loss services Wellobe.se and Vektklubb.no. Wellobe.se and Vektklubb.no have been helping their members lose weight since 2003 and 2005 respectively, in a science-based approach that is motivating, welcoming and fun to use.
You will be responsible for UX within the Team SHIP but you will also be part of the UX-team consisting of seven designers, all working on different products in our central media department and you will be reporting to the Head of UX for this department. In the team we will share knowledge, bounce ideas and solve user problems together.
Within the wider organisation of Schibsted Media we are a large team of designers that work in a cooperative way and we are proud of being part of strengthening democracy in Scandinavia and we are all working on different aspects of a publishing company. You will be a part of this extended and proficient team and in this team we share knowledge, meet at UX gatherings, run collaborative design critique sessions and meet up for social events.Your Core Responsibilities
As product designer you are responsible within team SHIP for product design of Wellobe.se and Vektklubb.no in Sweden and Norway. In close collaboration with the product manager, tech lead & developers in the team you will translate user needs and business ideas to concepts, experiments and implementable designs.
You prioritize usability and aspire to simplify complex solutions. You will work closely within a tight-knit, cross-functional, internationally-distributed team to create product experiences for multiple platforms, brands and devices.Your Skills
- You have experience creating visually high quality interfaces, preferably both for native iOS/Android apps and responsive websites.
- You have good understanding of usability and user experience principles
- You are an open-minded team player, keen on constantly improving your work and skills.
- You know well how to balance working on quick wins and experiments, next to long term scalable platform initiatives
- You want to see your work through from initial concept to production-ready deliverables
- You love delightful details as much as you like creating multiple conceptual ideas
- You are comfortable with working with a great variety of teams and stakeholders, and managing expectations around the design of our products
- A general interest in apps that improve physical and/or mental health is preferable
- You have a good understanding of qualitative user research methodologies and how to run lean research to ensure user insights inform all stages of design.
If you wish to apply for this role, please send us the following:
- Visual design portfolio representing work conducted for various platforms & devices
- 5+ years of design experience
- Experience from user-centered and insight-driven projects
- Experience with design and prototype software such as Figma, Sketch, Invision or similar
- Experience conducting research and user testing
As a part of this process, we will conduct a background check on the final candidate.About us
The Product & Tech team is located both in Krakow (all developers) and Stockholm (Product & UX). Next to this, we work very closely with stakeholders in the publishers that own the business & editorial side of the product: Aftonbladet (Stockholm, Sweden) and VG (Oslo, Norway).
This means we are quite used to remote collaboration and have good processes in place to do so in a fun and effective way! Team SHIP is part of the Product & Tech organization that works across Schibsted News Media.